Telkom Big Deal – 70GB+50GB LTE for R459

cavedog

Honorary Master
This is actually a decent deal. Data might not be enough for most but for Price and the amount of data you get and a Premium B618s-65d LTE-A router valued at R2799.

DTBA

Expert Member
Guys is this for telkom coverage or telkom fixed coverage?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Guys is this for telkom coverage or telkom fixed coverage?

Telkom network only. That said I wonder how the roaming agreement with Vodacom will work. Interesting times ahead.

PHeX

Telkom's coverage map shows that I am not covered by 4G but my phone says that I am. Should I buy or what?

uchoose

Wanted to slag off Telkom again but can't with this deal. Damn the 24month contract if it was 12 I would have gone for it and coupled it with my Rain package. I'm lucky to have both.

DXL

Expert Member
This is where we need to be ideally.

100 gigs + 100 gigs - R299

We getting there slowly.

The router is worth its weight LTE-A top of the range.

This is probably the best offer on the market now.

Looking good Telkom will be strong competitor in the data space.

Reactions: Yuu

Gudnews

Expert Member
Telkom's coverage map shows that I am not covered by 4G but my phone says that I am. Should I buy or what?
Coverage maps are unreliable, you have all the proof you need on your phone.

cavedog

Honorary Master

Telkom is running 2 frequencies. 1800MHz LTE frequency is not showing on the coverage map. For a better understanding of the 1800MHz coverage you can toggle the Telkom 3G coverage. I doubt there will still be any 3G/2G towers only as Telkom is not targeting rural and any new tower will automatically have 4G. They won't roll out a 3G only tower because the cost of that tower is just too much.

All that said this deal will also work on Telkom 3G coverage if there was any concern but if you are not roaming you likely have 4G.

Joseph matane

If you live in North West, Northern Cape, Limpopo and Free State don't waste your breath LTE is too limited in fact Rain Mobile has better LTE coverage in those province's

DXL

Expert Member
If you live in North West, Northern Cape, Limpopo and Free State don't waste your breath LTE is too limited in fact Rain Mobile has better LTE coverage in those province's

I think Telkom is rolling out more towers in KZN - Gauteng - WC as the demand for their services is very high almost at breakpoint. Should they take a decision to invest more North West, Northern Cape, Limpopo and Free State then they will have a complete network where more of the people live and Profits will soar.

Savy561

I live in kzn and telkom lte coverage here is surprisingly amazing, coverage map is very blue. I live in pinetown and fibre has actually just finished being rolled out but I opted out of fibre as coverage in kzn is really bad atm. I move roughly every 2 years so if I moved out of pinetown i would not get fibre coverage which is why I got the telkom lte and I am pretty happy with it and I get around 45mbps to 70mbps

Malfeasant

Only thing to keep in mind if you're not within coverage according to their map, is if you ever have network outage issues they will probably refuse you help citing that as the reason.

Then again they can hardly help people with coverage so might not even matter.

airborne

Honorary Master
Nice deal but still not as good as the Mtn BF 2016 upgrades this year, damn I was lucky I got onto that gravy train!

And Mtn has a far bigger footprint, Telkom won't let you roam with that data on Vodacom towers which will make traveling with the Telkom data a bit of a crap shoot.

DXL

Expert Member
Nice deal but still not as good as the Mtn BF 2016 upgrades this year, damn I was lucky I got onto that gravy train!

And Mtn has a far bigger footprint, Telkom won't let you roam with that data on Vodacom towers which will make traveling with the Telkom data a bit of a crap shoot.

You lucky xxxxx :)

I really wanted that MTN BF deal :(

Savy561

What deal were they offering during BF2016?