Telkom Big Deal - 20GB LTE and router for R199

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Telkom Big Deal - 20GB LTE and router for R199

Telkom has launched its Big Deal for February 2019, offering users a fixed-LTE package at a discounted price.

The SmartBroadband Wireless plan on special offers users the following:
  • 20GB Anytime Data
  • 10GB Night Surfer Data
  • Huawei B525 WiFi Router
  • Price - R199 x 24

supersunbird

Honorary Master
They should add, "Users should also check for mental stability if they're considering signing a 24-month contract with us".

NEXT!
Nah. They have given me less problems than VC and MTN have given me in my life...

Iamnotageek

Expert Member
Nah. They have given me less problems than VC and MTN have given me in my life...
That's good my man. Actually, I'm going to contradict myself here, but Telkom are very helpful when you eventually get through to them.
Well, for the most part.

I'm just not a 24-month contract kinda guy.

H1TMANlol

In the world of ever changing data prices , signing up for a contract is suicide. They should in fact rather offer 6 months contracts

BigAl-sa

Executive Member
Until you try to cancel an account.

Or try and phone them with a technical issue - 10210 is useless.

Or try and link a data sim to your fibre account using their recipe.

Lucas Buck

Expert Member
In the world of ever changing data prices , signing up for a contract is suicide. They should in fact rather offer 6 months contracts
Give me something similar to the mtn black friday deal and I'd sign a three year contract.

wizardofid

Executive Member
No it's not, MTN and Vodacom even telkom/cellc (all network data) have been the same price for the past 4 years +-. Will likely be at least another 2 year and half before we will see any noticeable price changes with regards to data.Besides contract data is A LOT cheaper then any thing prepaid or month to month.

South African digital migration date is at least another year away after which, frequency auctions and implementation of those frequencies ect is at least another 6 months to a year.Which means you would have been wasting money on prepaid data for 2 and a half odd years.

When the prices do drop it will also mean that contract data is going to offer even more value then prepaid.Besides most guys on data contracts are on sim only deals, which means it is FAR easier to cancel a sim only contract and a lot cheaper then taking a device.

While networks do run prepaid promotions, it still doesn't even remotely match what is offered with contracts.

On MTN prepaid
2GB/Month x 12 (R1399)

On MTN contract 2GB/month R1068 per year (PLUS you get 2 gig night express data.)
2 years R2136, on prepaid R2798, R662 savings over two years.

If you think contracts are stupid then you honestly haven't done a price comparison

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Until you try to cancel an account.

Or try and phone them with a technical issue - 10210 is useless.

Or try and link a data sim to your fibre account using their recipe.
Canceled an account effortlessly online in August.

MidnightWizard

Expert Member
Canceled an account effortlessly online in August.
Perhaps you would like to share your insider secrets ?
Seeing as Telkom on multiple occasions have told us that you get billed the same R605 for Unlimited Home whether you take a device -- OR -- NOT !
You could also assist in getting our faulty account sorted out........ went from a regular R450 something to a new R800 with NO explanation
and
Charged for TWO email accounts when we only wanted to retain the already existing one
and
Told us that if we wanted to cancel the whole thing and start fresh again from the beginning we would have NO internet access for TWO WEEKS !!!!!!!

Sorry but I have had enough of these clowns and this "circus"

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Normal for the SP, unwise & not too good for the customer
Never bothered me if I get a great deal. Rarely if ever it's "oh my, the new prepaid deal or contract is so much better, I am losing out on this contract". Now if I had a mediocre deal on contract, that's a different story.