Telkom Big Deal offers 40GB LTE for R249

signates

Executive Member
I wouldn't recommend any Telkom product since their new roaming agreement with Vodacom that does not work.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Rather go the month to month with webafrica Telkom LTE if you really want. 10Gigs less night surfer but seriously, use a rain sim for that.

Craig

Honorary Master
If it was 40gb anytime data this might've been worth it, but not this 20 gb's.

Origin248

Hmm....R50 more than you can get 40gig + 40gig (midnight traffic) from MTN. Better network coverage and better value

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
LTE prices should see a big shake up when the new spectrum is auctioned off. I'm holding thumbs and won't sign a 24 month contract. Things change too quickly to tie yourself down for 12 months never mind 24.

https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/thr...african-networks-to-drop-data-prices.1040543/
I'm doubting that it will happen within the next year or two and if it does, it will be taken to court in regards to data prices so it will be delayed, in effect the same thing.

DXL

Expert Member
LTE prices should see a big shake up when the new spectrum is auctioned off. I'm holding thumbs and won't sign a 24 month contract. Things change too quickly to tie yourself down for 12 months never mind 24.

https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/thr...african-networks-to-drop-data-prices.1040543/
No matter how many Operators we have and no matter how competitive the Market gets ,
The price of Mobile Data cannot be less than R2 a Gig for a return on investment no matter what happens.

However we may see more operators offering deals closer to the R5 a Gig mark on more packages as compared to the R149 a Gig and R99 a Gig.

It is definitely worth signing a 48 month contract if MTN or Vodacom offer you data under R3 a Gigabyte like what Vodacom & MTN offered not so long ago. so when the opportunity strikes sign up for it.

cobusv

also believe the MTN 40+40 looks like a better deal to me and their coverage is tops