Telkom: cancel line and keep email address?

NotThisAgain

Hi all,

I am moving and want to cancel my Telkom line. I have a fibre connection with another provider at my new place and don't need a landline.

My problem is that I need to keep my telkomsa.net email address for work-related emails.
(My employer's admin is not the greatest and I don't have much confidence in their ability to change my email address on their system).

Does anyone know if this is possible and how I'd go about it?

Thanks in advance
BJ

Muttley

Expert Member
If I recall correctly, you need to call Telkom Internet and tell them that you'd like to cancel your line but keep your e-mail address.

I think it's like 15 ront per month per e-mail address but would suggest moving over to gmail or something else where you're not tied down.

alphabyte

It should be possible - I used to have a telkomsa.net address even after I gave up my ADSL. But don't ask me how to go about arranging it.

Corelli

Expert Member
Outlook.com email addresses work great too. Perfectly integrates into Outlook 2013/2016/2019 too for offline reading

argh

Hi all,

I am moving and want to cancel my Telkom line. I have a fibre connection with another provider at my new place and don't need a landline.

My problem is that I need to keep my telkomsa.net email address for work-related emails.
(My employer's admin is not the greatest and I don't have much confidence in their ability to change my email address on their system).

Does anyone know if this is possible and how I'd go about it?

Thanks in advance
BJ
Yes it is possible. I did it 2 years ago by registering on the Telkom website, and choosing the service I wanted to cancel. If you are not sure which of the TIN ref. numbers relates to your email service, phone Telkom 10210, choose billing, and ask for the ref. no. for your email service. Registering and cancelling online (www.telkom.co.za) works well, cancelling telephonically works less well. Follow up regularly with whichever option you choose, to ensure your cancellation works.

I recently cancelled my Telkom email service and moved to Outlook.com (Microsoft's version of Gmail), because Telkom's email was my last remaining Telkom product, and I wanted to have no Telkom products in my life.

Another thread on this topic: https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/cancelling-telkom-internet-keeping-email.1009984/