• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • Win an Amazon Echo Dot in this two-day giveaway - Enter Here

Telkom Cancellation Woes Questions

Zarnicate

Hi All,

I would like to do a quick survey in regards with Telkom cancellations. This includes normal Telkom and Telkom Mobile.

1. How long were you on the line or did you stand in a queue to have your account cancelled?
2. Was it cancelled correctly? Thus was it cancelled and you did not have to do any followups.
3. If it was not cancelled correctly how many followups did you have to do (tickets logged)?
4. Did you after multiple tickets and it still not being cancelled instruct the bank to stop the debit orders?

At the moment I am battling with Telkom. I have stopped the debit orders via the bank. Now hopefully Telkom will do their part and cancel it...and refund me the the months they have been billing me incorrectly. If not they will probably hand me over for debt collection. I am completely willing to take them to court if they are the cause of a bad credit rating for me.

So first part of the survey is to find out who else had/have issue cancelling with them and just get a general feel from you on your experience. Would like to get actual percentages of good experience vs bad.

Second part will be to find out who has been handed over and has been blacklisted due to negligence on Telkom's side in cancelling. If I am handed over I would like to start a group legal action against them.

Lupus

Honorary Master
1. You don't phone, you send them an email with a document you sign to cancel.
2. No, three followups and after a couple of reversals it was properly cancelled
3. See above
4. Three tickets, I instructed the bank to reverse them yes.

It is worse than trying to get out of timeshare. They refuse to cancel over the phone and the on-line system can't find my account. You are left with no other option but to go queue. :mad:

Salvage

Hi. Cancelled two services with Telkom, a Telkom Mobile contract and an ADSL line.
1. Neither. You fill out the service cancellation form and email it the the cancellation mailbox. The wait comes from the processing, it took about two weeks for each service to confirm it was cancelled.
2. Yes, cancelled correctly. But took 2 weeks. If this happens to go over a month end or debit order day I guess you could have issues. Mine didn’t in my two cancellations.
3. N/A. Was cancelled correctly.
4. N/A. Was cancelled correctly.

Have you tried the route of filling out the form and mailing it to cancellations?

Zarnicate

Hi. Cancelled two services with Telkom, a Telkom Mobile contract and an ADSL line.
1. Neither. You fill out the service cancellation form and email it the the cancellation mailbox. The wait comes from the processing, it took about two weeks for each service to confirm it was cancelled.
2. Yes, cancelled correctly. But took 2 weeks. If this happens to go over a month end or debit order day I guess you could have issues. Mine didn’t in my two cancellations.
3. N/A. Was cancelled correctly.
4. N/A. Was cancelled correctly.

Have you tried the route of filling out the form and mailing it to cancellations?
Yes I did fill out the form again and did mail it to them as well. Still not cancelled. I have 6 tickets in regards with the cancellation.

donal

1. Three hours and counting...
2. No.
3. Two
4. Not yet, but will do so if no success

As I posted on a separate Hellkom thread:
I want to cancel a line, so stood in line for more than an hour on Saturday and they told me to go and register first and then 'link the account, it's easy'. Went home and tried (on multiple browsers)... Nada. Went back to the shop and watched while they tried: again Nada. They have no clue what's going on, and no idea how to resolve it. They seem to purposefully make it impossible to cancel a line. Never mind the obvious issue with their systems.

And sending a cancellation form to the email provided fails: undeliverable.

1. Six months since we completed the cancellation form and sent it to them. Confirmation e-mail recieved.
2. Telkom keeps on billing is every month. If we call to follow-up (provide ref no), they alway apologize for the oversight and assures us it the cancellation will be expedited.
4. We do an EFT, so we stopped paying after our last month, so the bill they keep sending us increases every month...

walterl

Expert Member
1. I went to a Telkom store at the East Rand Mall to cancel, did not wait long, in September 2017.
2. No, not cancelled correctly.
3. I lost count of the follow ups
4. Yes, after countless followups I reversed the debit order 3 months in a row, then in April 2018 was contacted by a debt collection agency, I e-mailed them all the facts and didn't hear from them again (now 3 months later)

supersunbird

Honorary Master
1. I went to a Telkom store at the East Rand Mall to cancel, did not wait long, in September 2017.
2. No, not cancelled correctly.
3. I lost count of the follow ups
4. Yes, after countless followups I reversed the debit order 3 months in a row, then in April 2018 was contacted by a debt collection agency, I e-mailed them all the facts and didn't hear from them again (now 3 months later)
There now have a online process, this post is about my experience:

https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showth...m-services?p=21873443&highlight=#post21873443