Telkom cancellation

wjbekker

Hi. I’ve been struggling for 6 months now trying to cancel my Telkom ADSL & telephone line. I am still getting billed every month. Any advice/recommendations as to whom I can contact?
I have forwarded our record of correspondence to social [MENTION=148423]Telkom[/MENTION] and hp@telkom in June. We got billed again yesterday.
Due to this “outstanding account” I was denied a home loan by FNB...

mercurial

MyBB Legend
There are tons of threads on this issue. Have a look here for a start -> https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/955547-How-to-cancel-Telkom-Service

Basically, everyone is experiencing this.

[MENTION=1]rpm[/MENTION], can we not get some kind of temp sub-forum for these Telkom issues or some stickies at least? There are tons of similar threads all over the place. Would be nice to keep them all together.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Hi. I’ve been struggling for 6 months now trying to cancel my Telkom ADSL & telephone line. I am still getting billed every month. Any advice/recommendations as to whom I can contact?
I have forwarded our record of correspondence to social [MENTION=148423]Telkom[/MENTION] and hp@telkom in June. We got billed again yesterday.
Due to this “outstanding account” I was denied a home loan by FNB...
There now have a online process, this post is about my experience:

https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showth...m-services?p=21873443&highlight=#post21873443

maumau

Honorary Master
This is disgusting :( to be denied a homeloan due to their inefficiency.

The banks should be made aware of what Telkom are up to. It has to be intentional, surely nobody can be that stupid.

mercurial

MyBB Legend
This is disgusting :( to be denied a homeloan due to their inefficiency.

The banks should be made aware of what Telkom are up to. It has to be intentional, surely nobody can be that stupid.
Mybroadband is not doing enough in this regard, IMO. They should do more to raise awareness.

wjbekker

Thanks for the replies! Dont these guys that don’t look for similar threads first, just plss you off!? [/blushes/]

RedhotNeo

Expert Member
lesson to be learnt.. dont cancel your telkom account.. :D

but seriously, telkom customer service is worst in the industry

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
If you intend to cancel you ADSL, first thing you should do is drop you line speed to the lowest speed possible.
At least this process is done telephonically and takes 24h. Removes some of the pain.

Telkom will continue to bill you beyond the 30 days cancellation period.