Telkom CEO writes open letter to President Ramaphosa on fixing South Africa’s economy

koeks525

Expert Member
Oh boy, I can see open letter season starting.

I would love to hear response from Ramaphosa, Maimane and Malema on this letter.

elvis_presley

Expert Member
Pity that it's on a Telkom letterhead, the company most responsible for us being behind the world as the 4th industrial revolution hits.

genetic

Honorary Master
Pity that it's on a Telkom letterhead, the company most responsible for us being behind the world as the 4th industrial revolution hits.
:erm:

If you haven't been living under a rock for the past few years, you'd realise that Telkom is the the leader in Mobile broadband sector.

Daruk

Honorary Master
:erm:

If you haven't been living under a rock for the past few years, you'd realise that Telkom is the the leader in Mobile broadband sector.
Leader in what way? Innovative products yes, subscriber base, network, turnover and GP, I doubt it.

Governments inefficiency in its decision making to release spectrum is hindering the advancement of technology in South Africa.

We need to be able to compete with international Markets. Create opportunities and jobs.

But it feels like our own government is holding the brakes.

Daruk

Honorary Master
Leaders in innovation as you pointed out. They are much smaller than the Giants.
This is why the blame for lack of innovation is squarely the governments. Telkom being the only ADSL provider means that the product is the same today as it was in 2003 or whenever it was launched. Still no separation of voice and data line. The reason they are innovative is because MTN and Voda had a significant head start on the network IMO. Telkom wouldn't survive without innovation.

If the letter was written by the CEO of Vodacom or MTN would your response be the same?
Lemme see, ordered MTN upgrade, took 10 minutes. Telkom upgrade, many grey hairs, threats, pleading, took a week. This was last week. I don't have any VC products.

Eat my shorts

*losing.

Telkom Mobile having a monopoly?

And what does the country bleeding money have to do with Telkom Mobile?
I said Telkom not there mobile services Mr spelling bee
Every government owned/run company is bankrupt or being bailed out, Telkom will follow soon