Telkom chairman Jabu Mabuza resigns

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
Telkom chairman Jabu Mabuza resigns

Telkom has announced that Jabu Mabuza has resigned as an independent non-executive director and chairman of the Telkom board.

The resignation is effective 31 May 2019, and he will be replaced by Sello Moloko.

JanB02

Will they be able to cancel landline accounts now? (Flippant, I know, but that is really all I care or can think about when I see the word "Telkom")

InfidelGastro

Expert Member
Will they be able to cancel landline accounts now? (Flippant, I know, but that is really all I care or can think about when I see the word "Telkom")
And you're not wrong either. Anyway who cares about those chumps, they're all tarred with the same brush. They may as well put a chimpanzee in charge. I suspect nothing will change, or even improve for that matter. In fact it wouldn't surprise me one little bit if things got worse.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Nope they'll migrate you to FLLA without your permission :sneaky:

alphabyte

Grr... Don't talk to me about Telkom.
I've been playing with the idea of getting their Feb big deal (router and data), but have delayed due to the saga about not being able to cancel. But I eventually I worked up the courage, went to a Telkom shop, waited in the queue, was sent back because you MUST take a ticket at the door, only to be told "Sorry, we cannot help you, we are offline." Need I say that this potential client walked out of the door and will not be going back again soon, if ever. :mad:
This guy was on the radio just now, and saying what a wonderful organization they are, but I guarantee he has never visited one of his shops incognito to see for himself how things are at grass roots level.

MidnightWizard

Executive Member
Telkom land line died on Wednesday -- just SUDDENLY
Killed the Internet as well
RIP
Must have been a heart-attack ?
Many have reported the death but NO-ONE from Telkom has seen fit to attend the funeral ...
IF they do not come soon all they will discover is a decaying corpse......
IF they wait too long and by some miracle fibre arrives they may discover ( when they FINALLY arrive ) just old bones

MidnightWizard

Executive Member
Wweellll It seems wonders never cease :D

Phone suddenly stated ringing this morning
At first I was not sure what the noise was ?
Slowly slowly it began to sink in -- I am fairly sure I have heard that sound before .... ?????
What do you know -- TELKOM was on the line asking if the phone was working again

Seems the Internet was not dead and there was no corpse ( decaying or not )
Although the ether gods are still debating FIBRE :whistling:

thechamp

Honorary Master
Nope they'll migrate you to FLLA without your permission :sneaky:
Permission? Lol. They own you and can migrate you anywhere they want as long as the terms remains the same. They never asked me for permission when they moved mo to MSAN.