Telkom Chinese New Year offers

Budza

Executive Member
I just got this SMS. So far nothing received after dialling the shortcode..

Celebrate Chinese New Year with Telkom. Dial *123#, select Mo'Nice and Find Your Fortune. By simply participating, you can discover great hidden treasures every day between 26 and 28 February 2019. You could find data, airtime, Huawei phones and a lot more. Try your luck today! T&Cs apply.

My "personalised" offers haven't changed..

Friday13th

So that's why the *123# USSD has been so troublesome today! I keep getting connection error while dialing it.

Edit. If anyone wins anything, do let us know.

Iamnotageek

Expert Member
I also got constant errors when dialing *123#

It's working now, however that Chinese thing, I get an SMS a few hours later saying some random crap. Nothing like, "You didn't win try again etc"

How does it even work? Can you just spam it or what?

Mo'Nice deals are still the same.

Budza

Executive Member
I have my fortune cookie:

Fortune Cookie: Our duty,as men and women,is to proceed as if limits to our ability did not exist.

jax_maxit

I won 150MB on the SIM I bought a few years ago for the 500GB R50 special promo. You can only enter once a day.
This is not my main SIM, but I'll use the 150MB data. It's valid for today only.

Iamnotageek

Expert Member
I have my fortune cookie:

Fortune Cookie: Our duty,as men and women,is to proceed as if limits to our ability did not exist.
So what does this crap mean? Did you win something? Didn't you win? Friggen Telkom is so cryptic.

Budza

Executive Member
So what does this crap mean? Did you win something? Didn't you win? Friggen Telkom is so cryptic.

Nothing won yesterday.

I'll enter daily just because.

I've edited my MoNice contact from *123*1*1# (direct to data offers) to *123*1*3# (direct to this thing)

ProAsm

Expert Member
Friggin aholes.
Fortune Cookie: A feeling is an idea with roots.

Iamnotageek

Expert Member
Nooit ekse. This is stupid. Random sayings sent to a person. Telkom is jerking us off.

Stokstert

Executive Member
Fortune cookie:

Marriage lets you annoy one special person for the rest of your life.

Budza

Executive Member
These things aren't worth it if they're not giving you something.

All the potential good will squandered.

Why give a kak 'fortune' message and piss people off when you could just give them what they came for: some small amount of data/a few minutes (even if only to Telkom numbers).

Come on. That costs them almost nothing and generates customer engagement, instead there's the sour taste of BS.

Telkom What did we expect. :rolleyes:

Dan C

Honorary Master
Fortune Cookie: And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.