Telkom Deal of note

medicnick83

Paramedic
Price vs retail on laptop is R2k alone. Considering its over a 36 month period this really is a sweet deal.

Then throw the data and modem in not bad at all!

Agreed.

I really wouldn't mind and have tried to get it;

• Call backs don't happen
• Online application does nothing (no response from Telkom)
• Facebook guys don't respond but it's basically a BOT that goes in circles
• Twitter is same as FB.

Ag well. :(

Snyper564

Honorary Master
Agreed.

I really wouldn't mind and have tried to get it;

• Call backs don't happen
• Online application does nothing (no response from Telkom)
• Facebook guys don't respond but it's basically a BOT that goes in circles
• Twitter is same as FB.

Ag well. :(
Thats a pity, maybe try in store?

I recently took out their 2TB deal and was in and out within 15min. Just explain the problem their mobile stores are def more helpful than their old Telkom stores. Just my experience over the last 6 years

medicnick83

Paramedic
Thats a pity, maybe try in store?

I recently took out their 2TB deal and was in and out within 15min. Just explain the problem their mobile stores are def more helpful than their old Telkom stores. Just my experience over the last 6 years

Tried stores - they can't help - this is a ONLY "online" deal.

jdido87

Expert Member
How good is this laptop? Will it run MFS smoothly? The misses says I need to do something for myself, perhaps this is it.

Saba'a

Executive Member
Ok decided to take it.

Delivery expected in about 5 weeks time.

A premium of about R4500 but that covers the mifi and 20Gb and interest (R125pm), so not unreasonable.

Unfortunately limited to 36 months. I would have prefered 24 months.

Nice laptop for one of the kids.

mr_norris

Expert Member
How good is this laptop? Will it run MFS smoothly? The misses says I need to do something for myself, perhaps this is it.
You are looking at 30FPS at low to medium settings. Checking out benchmarks online will probably give you a better idea.

On my parents machine is runs at a locked 30 @ medium settings with a 1650 Super. Managed to achieve much the same with my old laptop with a 980M.

Flight sim is heavy AF on anything and it won't always be 100% smooth. Even on my Series X the FPS is all over the place, but VRR is there to smooth things out.

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
@Snyper564 got a confirmation SMS. So hopefully they'll contact me and approve. My current laptop is 7 years old so I'm in dire need of an upgrade.

Saba'a

Executive Member
I did. No confirmation email - so now I'm not even sure if I applied :crying:
i5 or i7?

For the i5 no mail or sms received.

But for i7 I got sms and email. Call came this morning. I was still undecided but "upgraded" my old legacy LTE which we dont use anymore so no real increase in expenditure.

Will rather switch to another wireless provider as backup. Wonder what Rain 5G is like in my neighbourhood.

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
i5 or i7?

For the i5 no mail or sms received.

But for i7 I got sms and email. Call came this morning. I was still undecided but "upgraded" my old legacy LTE which we dont use anymore so no real increase in expenditure.

Will rather switch to another wireless provider as backup. Wonder what Rain 5G is like in my neighbourhood.
The almost R200 increase per month between i5 and i7 is not worth it. Well, for me it isn't.

Oh and rain is kak, I had 4 sim cards for my wife and kids each and it was like having sulphuric acid poured in your ears the way they complained. This was in CT metro, an area that they claimed to have extensive coverage in.