Telkom Deal of note

medicnick83

Paramedic
It arrived and I'm using it now to type this post.

It's exactly what it said it is, it's the 10UC model that I got but the initial large box it came in was scarey becuase it just had the laptop box in it and the mobile wifi device - i spent over 30 minutes looking for the sim card only to find it had slid under one of the bottom parts of the box and I almost through that box away!

First thing I did was reload windows because it comes with Windows 11 single home language and I have a license for Pro.

I installed Division 2 and tested it and it's running fine (jumps between 55 FPS and 65 FPS)
There is space to add a 2.5" hard drive and 1 more memory stick - that I'll do at some stage down the line.

If there any questions you guys want to ask me, let me know and I'll answer.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming

It's exactly what it said it is, it's the 10UC model that I got but the initial large box it came in was scarey becuase it just had the laptop box in it and the mobile wifi device - i spent over 30 minutes looking for the sim card only to find it had slid under one of the bottom parts of the box and I almost through that box away!

First thing I did was reload windows because it comes with Windows 11 single home language and I have a license for Pro.

I installed Division 2 and tested it and it's running fine (jumps between 55 FPS and 65 FPS)
There is space to add a 2.5" hard drive and 1 more memory stick - that I'll do at some stage down the line.

What is cpu temps like underload?

Want to compare to my msi 11th gen.

Glad you manage to get the deal!

Saba'a

Executive Member

Memory specs if one wants to add?

medicnick83

Paramedic
Memory specs if one wants to add?

So it has DDR4-2666 8GB chip - there is a slot to add another chip - mine has a Samsung chip in it.

The site links to a different model variation but the one I got is the GF63 Thin 10UC version.
I added a 2.5" 500GB WD Blue SATA hard drive to it - taking off the back cover was just a tad bit stressful but I figured it out eventually, you need to move it to the left (earphones, USB's) and then slowly and carefully dislodge the speaker input holes and it comes off.

I haven't really sat down and played games with it as yet.

But i'll do some temp tests this week (I'm on leave)

This laptop feels a bit more sturdy than the Lenovo gaming laptop (had a 1060 in it) I had (and sold) a while back.

Saba'a

Executive Member
I can't tell you exactly but...

The previous message I got from Telkom were 6th May saying that my order has been pre-approved and that it will be processed shortly.

So I clearly did it before then.

Then on the 10th May I got another SMS telling me my 'contact details' have been updated on the system.
Maybe I must just place a new order.

medicnick83

Paramedic
Maybe I must just place a new order.
I would suggest you do - maybe see if you can chat to a consultant that sounds like they know what they talking about and is willing to monitor your order and get back to you like mine said he would.
You'll know you on the right path when they do the entire contract chat with you on the phone.

medicnick83

Paramedic
What is cpu temps like underload?

Want to compare to my msi 11th gen.

Glad you manage to get the deal!

So I set the laptop up and I ran the Division 2 benchmark 6x (one straight after each other) and I noticed the CPU temps were on average about 70 degrees and the graphics was 75 degrees on average while running the bench mark.

medicnick83

Paramedic
I purchased another 8GB memory chip today and all games seem to be running much better with 16GB's :)

Saba'a

Executive Member
I purchased another 8GB memory chip today and all games seem to be running much better with 16GB's :)
Where did you buy and specific module please.

Will call tomorrow again.

Edit I always install 16Gb RAM in my systems.

medicnick83

Paramedic
Got it on Carbonite - the original 8GB is just a normal chip (nothing gaming related) so I just added another 'normal' non gaming chip to it - one day when i'm rich, i'll change it to 2x gaming chips :)

Saba'a

Executive Member
Called:
1. No order on system
2. Cannot place a new order as no stock

Yet on 9 May confirmed there was stock.

animehero

Expert Member
I just got my SMS from Telkom to say they will be delivering in 3-5 days with a tracking number

Saba'a

Executive Member
I just got my SMS from Telkom to say they will be delivering in 3-5 days with a tracking number
When did you order?

Got a call today from them and didn't even bother to find out reason for call.

Saba'a

Executive Member
Decided to just buy a notebook later in year when I have cash.

animehero

Expert Member
When did you order?

Got a call today from them and didn't even bother to find out reason for call.
I believe it was the 26th of May, when the myBB article came out. My friend and I ordered it at the same time.They called us more or less the same time to confirm details.They gave him the run around re: no stock, and was radio silence on my end until I got that SMS. Apparently they are delivering today but will wait and see