Telkom diconnects when placing call

tefago

Anyone else have this issue? I see full signal on 4G (I am very close to the nearest tower when at home) but as soon as I place a call, it immediately drops to 3G and then sometimes (even often) the signal is so bad the other side can hardly hear me; when I look at my status bar i have NO signal.

Very annoying!!!

sajunky

Honorary Master
LTE traditionally do not give support for CS services, so your device must switch to 3G or 2G when you are making or receiving voice calls. Some current devices are capable of making calls using PS services over 4G network, this feature is called VoLTE, but network infrastructure must be capable of the same. Not sure whether Telkom has implemented VoLTE yet.

tefago

LTE traditionally do not give support for CS services, so your device must switch to 3G or 2G when you are making or receiving voice calls. Some current devices are capable of making calls using PS services over 4G network, this feature is called VoLTE, but network infrastructure must be capable of the same. Not sure whether Telkom has implemented VoLTE yet.
Thanks for the feedback. I am having an absolute nioghtmare - can't complete a single phone call at the moment. Initial connection fine, but then drops after 10 seconds. Driving me bersurk! I know about Volte and Telkom have not yet implemented afaik...

Just hoping I am not alone in this??? Loving my Xiaomi mi A1 but if it is what is causing the problem I may have to change...

HerZeLeiD

No, that is exactly how it would work. It will drop from LTE and switch to 3G. If you force LTE only on your phone, you will notice you can no longer make or receive calls.

sajunky

Honorary Master
Thanks for the feedback. I am having an absolute nioghtmare - can't complete a single phone call at the moment. Initial connection fine, but then drops after 10 seconds. Driving me bersurk! I know about Volte and Telkom have not yet implemented afaik...

Just hoping I am not alone in this??? Loving my Xiaomi mi A1 but if it is what is causing the problem I may have to change...
If you disable LTE on your phone what signal do you receive? There is either a weak 2G/3G signal or a phone is faulty, check with other phone. Did you try to enable MTN 2G/3G roaming? It might help. Do not be mistaken by data roaming, these are two different settings.