Telkom Direct store hit by armed robbers

cfilorux

Just deserts

Your comment is totally tasteless to say the least. This was an armed robbery. No one deserves to be robbed like this.
Actually, people do deserved to be robbed like this. Now that we have chosen to reorganise our society and government on the liberal principles that give vast practical powers to armed robbers, we are collecting the deserved fruits of our labours.

You would think though they could buy a parking ticket with all the cash they are stealing ...

Last edited:

redspark

Expert Member
"Chubb responded to the panic button within 3 minutes of the store staff pressing it, but by then the robbers had made their getaway in a BMW and Hyundai".

Wow, that's a bizarre choice for a getaway car?

Tns

Executive Member
"Chubb responded to the panic button within 3 minutes of the store staff pressing it, but by then the robbers had made their getaway in a BMW and Hyundai".

Wow, that's a bizarre choice for a getaway car?

the only ones they could "borrow"

Peder

Hobbit
These stores only have one entrance/exit, so a spotter could sit in the coffee shop across the passage and note all movements. Easy targets, especially when they may not have their own security due to complex rules.

Interestingly this store is across from a post office, so there is not "real" place to sit and watch.

MickeyD

RIP
Interestingly this store is across from a post office, so there is not "real" place to sit and watch.
Forget they moved... used to be closer to the escalator.

So they could have scoped it from the parking lot itself!

Peder

Hobbit
I must admit, that passageway has always been a dodgy passageway imho. But that's just me.

MickeyD

RIP
I must admit, that passageway has always been a dodgy passageway imho. But that's just me.
Refresh my memory... that parking lot, if you walk out of the passage way... across the road entrance/exit there is an awesome butcher?

Peder

Hobbit
Refresh my memory... that parking lot, if you walk out of the passage way... across the road entrance/exit there is an awesome butcher?

Well i have never actually been to the butcher but yes. Its on the eastern side of the mall.