Telkom does NOT cancel my service and double charging me for months now!!!

renvilo

I have relocated from South Africa to Australia and I have a problem with my Telkom account. I have 1 account with 2 numbers. 021xxx and 057xxx.

End of March I moved from Somerset West into a temp apartments. I requested my Telkom line and adsl line to be moved. This was done and I'm happy till here.

End of April we moved again to to a bigger apartment and there was an order created as Telkom said they can provide me with ADSL at this location.

After about 2 weeks I was contacted and informed there wasn't any infrastructure. I then requested the number of 021xxx to be cancelled and that my adsl should move to the 057xxx number. THIS was not the case.

An additional ADSL service was created on the 057 number, the 021xxx number and calling plan was never cancelled and the adsl linked to the 021 was also never cancelled.

Up until now no one has sorted out anything and my account is going more and more into a minus which I will not pay and due to the fact that I'm not in SA I have no obligation to do so. However, I would still like to have a clear record with Telkom but I'll only keep it up to date if someone assist in correcting this issue.

As for the cancellations of the 021xxx line, plan and ADSL, I I did cancel them online and was given reference numbers.

Any idea who will be able to sort this out or should I just ognore my bill going forward...

[MENTION=258937]TelkomZA[/MENTION]

renvilo

I phoned in and requested the cancellation and the lady said I should just do it online. So while I was on the phone I used the Telkom portal to cancel (I've done it twice now)

Still nothing is happening.
[MENTION=258937]TelkomZA[/MENTION] said he will assist and still waiting for feedback.

SlowInternet

Executive Member
I cancelled my lines months ago online, by email and facebook messenger and still it hasn't been cancelled. I keep on receiving invoices for a service they cannot provide. Best is that I get calls from them offering me fiber internet while my area doesn't even have fiber and will not get it very soon.