Telkom Fiber (Vumatel) - Time to cancel. Advice please?

SeRpEnT

Executive Member
After months of constant slow speeds I have had it with Telkom fiber (on Vumatel network).
How do I cancel and switch ISP? On Vumatel website or somewhere on Telkom website? Do I need to open accounts on either of the websites as I have never been on them. And do I at the same time sign up for new ISP, or wait until Telkom has cancelled? I would hate to double pay - knowing Telkom they might end up billing for months to come as they did when I cancelled ADSL... what a nightmare that was...

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
You’ll need to place a cancellation with Telkom first as they’re going to need to release your line. From there, you can simply sign up with a new ISP. Drop me a PM if you want more assistance with this.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
After months of constant slow speeds I have had it with Telkom fiber (on Vumatel network).
How do I cancel and switch ISP? On Vumatel website or somewhere on Telkom website? Do I need to open accounts on either of the websites as I have never been on them. And do I at the same time sign up for new ISP, or wait until Telkom has cancelled? I would hate to double pay - knowing Telkom they might end up billing for months to come as they did when I cancelled ADSL... what a nightmare that was...

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

You would need to contact Telkom to cancel the service.

If you liable for a cancellation fee and want to switch to Afrihost we will credit your Afrihost account if you send us the cancellation fee invoice/statement and proof of payment up to the remaining balance of the R5000.

migration_promo.PNG

SeRpEnT

Executive Member
You would need to contact Telkom to cancel the service.

If you liable for a cancellation fee and want to switch to Afrihost we will credit your Afrihost account if you send us the cancellation fee invoice/statement and proof of payment up to the remaining balance of the R5000.

View attachment 1132260
By migration fees...you mean that rather high activation fee of R1497 right?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
By migration fees...you mean that rather high activation fee of R1497 right?

With Vuma there are 2 charges.
1. Installation
2. Activation fee.

Since you are already installed the 1st charge will never apply when you switch ISPs but the Activation fee of R1000 will. We cover that charge for clients.

Telkom might charge you a cancellation fee if you are still in contract. If they do we will credit your Afrihost account for this up to the remaining balance of the promotional credit. If they don't charge you a cancellation fee that is also nice because then you don't have to pay that to Telkom and then if you decide to migrate to us you only start paying the monthly fee once you activate the line with us.

xodosman123

Expert Member
I have sort of the same problem I am still on 10-10 where i am supposed to be on 20-10 is anyone still on 10-10 on Telkom or 20-10 I have endless issues...Madness just got back from the Telkom shop with no Joy.

xodosman123

Expert Member
I have Just submitted cancellation that I want nothing to do with Telkom, They are simply useless and Pathetic.

SeRpEnT

Executive Member
With Vuma there are 2 charges.
1. Installation
2. Activation fee.

Since you are already installed the 1st charge will never apply when you switch ISPs but the Activation fee of R1000 will. We cover that charge for clients.

Telkom might charge you a cancellation fee if you are still in contract. If they do we will credit your Afrihost account for this up to the remaining balance of the promotional credit. If they don't charge you a cancellation fee that is also nice because then you don't have to pay that to Telkom and then if you decide to migrate to us you only start paying the monthly fee once you activate the line with us.

Going the Afrihost route.
Would my existing fiber router - Huawei B316-S do the trick?