Telkom Fibre Internet connection just went down!!!!!!!!!

shauwn

My telkom fibre internet connection just went down for no reason!!! i have work tomorrow as i work 100% from home!!! can telkom please assist ASAP!!!! My internet connection is red on the modem!!!

Skankhunt

Expert Member
Get the Openserve app on your phone and do test and then report fault.

A few months ago, our outside cable broke because of vervet monkeys (KZN) at around 6pm and the next morning just after 8am technicians were by my door and fixed it quickly.

• Haha
Reactions: "D"

cavedog

Honorary Master
Get the Openserve app on your phone and do test and then report fault.

A few months ago, our outside cable broke because of vervet monkeys (KZN) at around 6pm and the next morning just after 8am technicians were by my door and fixed it quickly.

There is a major break that has taken down most of PTA East and Centurion.

Capture.PNG

Louis72

Expert Member
Is this break still affecting PTA east? My connection was fine and suddenly getting 60ms local ping and 3mbps on a 50mbps line.

Louis72

Expert Member
Wonder if there is a break again? My local ping went to 200ms yet my speed is reasonable? Anyone else on Telkom?

luckystrike

I am on cool ideas isp and I also have 200 ping on local ips. Seems to be almost everybody On openserve in pretoria

APoc184

Honorary Master
Also struggling tonight. Garsfontein Ext8.

And was bad at the office in Lynnwood Glen as well shortly before closing up shop.

Even Spotify stuttering tonight.

Screenshot_2021-09-02-19-56-36-292_eu.vspeed.mybroadband_1.jpg

Louis72

Expert Member
speed.PNG
Definitely a big drop in speed in the last hour. Ping remained the same.

Must be a break and rerouting going on? The route is now saturated.

TheLostPacket

Same here ping is 380-400ms

Speed was still ok till about 19:00 now barely getting 5mb down and also lot of packet loss now like every 4th ping gets lost

Corelli

Expert Member
My telkom fibre internet connection just went down for no reason!!! i have work tomorrow as i work 100% from home!!! can telkom please assist ASAP!!!! My internet connection is red on the modem!!!
If you dont have LTE failover, my office will tell you to come back. I have to have both or its a ticket back to work.

And yes I can easily use 5gb of data a day, if not more

Louis72

Expert Member
Argh… 200ms local ping again in PTA area…:mad: speed on the low side. Websites resolve slowly.