Telkom fibre outage in KZN?

crispyc4

Hey Guys

Anybody else experiencing any issues with Telkom fibre and SAIX diginet in KZN since around 10:30am?

Thanks

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Hey Guys

Anybody else experiencing any issues with Telkom fibre and SAIX diginet in KZN since around 10:30am?

Thanks

KZN is quite large, so the answer to your question is probably not.... be more specific and you might get better info.

crispyc4

Thanks for the reply Toxic.

According to my ISP it is affecting the backhaul to JHB, so I didn't think I'd need to be that specific, but my site is in Glen Anil. Apparently a cable break is affecting their fibre network. I just want to make sure my ISP isn't spinning a story.

eddief1

Expert Member
FROM AFRIHOST:

Increased Latency And Slow Speeds In The Eastern Region. Medium Impact 13:46, 25 Jan 2016
Clients in the East (Durban and surrounding areas) may experience increased latency and slow speeds due to a break in the fibre connection between Johannesburg and Durban. Engineers are working to restore this link as quickly as possible.

crispyc4

FROM AFRIHOST:

Increased Latency And Slow Speeds In The Eastern Region. Medium Impact 13:46, 25 Jan 2016
Clients in the East (Durban and surrounding areas) may experience increased latency and slow speeds due to a break in the fibre connection between Johannesburg and Durban. Engineers are working to restore this link as quickly as possible.

Thanks Eddie!

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Thanks for the reply Toxic.

According to my ISP it is affecting the backhaul to JHB, so I didn't think I'd need to be that specific, but my site is in Glen Anil. Apparently a cable break is affecting their fibre network. I just want to make sure my ISP isn't spinning a story.

Ok, that bit of information might have been useful in your post originally....

But as you've seen from the Afrihost announcement it seems they aren't spinning you a story.