Telkom fixed-LTE deals with no contracts from Webafrica

WebAfrica Helper

Web Africa representative
Please update your website to reflect this. No just say FROM.....it is misleading as shown below.

View attachment 664962[/QUOTE

Correct! they don't line up exactly because they are the top up options which are slightly different from our monthly packages.
You'll notice that our monthly packages give you slightly more Anytime data than the top up options

WebAfrica Helper

This was looking promising until I saw the top up scenarios.
Have a look again

They don't line up exactly because they are the top up options which are slightly different from our monthly packages.
You'll notice that our monthly packages give you slightly more Anytime data than the top up options

kabusi

Expert Member
Have a look again

They don't line up exactly because they are the top up options which are slightly different from our monthly packages.
Why do we have to buy such big top ups? Why not allow 1GB at a premium and then apply a sliding scale.

WebAfrica Helper

Why do we have to buy such big top ups? Why not allow 1GB at a premium and then apply a sliding scale.
This is the structure provided by our partners - we have done our best to remain competitive within the LTE markets and make it worth it for all.
The top-up options which are slightly different from our monthly packages, you'll notice that our monthly packages give you slightly more Anytime data than the top up options - which is a good thing ;-)

kabusi

Expert Member
The top up rates are identical to the prepaid. WHich means its better to buy a prepaid smartbroadband sim once your data runs out in a a month and load the R249 deal since the daytime data will rollover for a month whereas here it will expire.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
This is interesting. I was going to run Rain uncapped for R250 and Telkom's 20gb for R250. This provides the same Telkom package, without owning the router but the ability to leave if/when a better deal comes along.

Decisions decisions

WebAfrica Helper

This is interesting. I was going to run Rain uncapped for R250 and Telkom's 20gb for R250. This provides the same Telkom package, without owning the router but the ability to leave if/when a better deal comes along.

Decisions decisions
Performance is something to consider as well :
When tested :

Attachments

larryn

Night-zombie data... no thanks. With that out of play - Cell C Fixed LTE is much cheaper for us normal folk.
Tip: We who do not have fibre need uncapped-or-something-like-it LTE. 200GB just doesn't last as long as it used to.
Kind Regards.

d0b33

Honorary Master
Top ups are only available with the LTE packages ;-)
I'm still waiting for my CellC LTE top-up to be refunded. My capped account was being depleted instead of the top-up forcing it to expire. A warning to anyone who decides to top-up. Your top-up will be allowed to expire without being used.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Since this is a Telkom product I would assume that there are 2 apns. 1. internet which is behind the Telkom's CGN and unrestricted which will bypass the CGN just like when you buy from Telkom directly?

JustAsk

Expert Member
Great, it lowers the start up cost for new users for a half decent internet experience.

@WebAfrica Helper - What's your payment options/ I may order one for someone, but refuse to use debit orders.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
When tested these are the results with regards to connection performance using the Webafrica's Telkom LTE service:
Would perfomance on our products be any different than using Telkom directly?

Night-zombie data... no thanks. With that out of play - Cell C Fixed LTE is much cheaper for us normal folk.
Tip: We who do not have fibre need uncapped-or-something-like-it LTE. 200GB just doesn't last as long as it used to.
Kind Regards.
I looked at getting a Cell C fixed lte contract, but part of my street isn't covered and Cell C won't let me test the system or tell me if I'm properly covered.

I had horrible service with their Giga 200 2 years ago, which is what sent me to Telkom in the first place.

DXL

Expert Member

Decisions decisions
Use Rain for now R250.

Get Telkom prepaid Sim. Take advantage of Mo Nice offers *123#.

When Vodacom or MTN offer the last special 30 + 50 + 30 = R300.
Then go for it. Sim only contract.