Telkom fixed-LTE deals with no contracts from Webafrica

WebAfrica Helper

Web Africa representative
Just had a call back from WebAfrica confirming that they restrict the speeds to 25 Mbps.
I just cannot understand why do this on a capped package.

My current peak time speed with Telkom:
https://speedtest.mybroadband.co.za/result/10109772
Hmm... restricted does not sound like a word we would use - thanks for your feedback. Its connection performance averages around 25Mbps.
To under promise and over delivery ;-) - we do advise on our website that the connection speeds are updated to 25Mbps - we have tested the service at various locations and the speed tests have exceeded 25Mbps more than a few times. The best way to respond to this is, the connection speeds are up to 25Mbps and can exceed this depending on the LTE signal received from the Telkom LTE towers

ProAsm

Expert Member
Hmm... restricted does not sound like a word we would use - thanks for your feedback. Its connection performance averages around 25Mbps.
To under promise and over delivery ;-) - we do advise on our website that the connection speeds are updated to 25Mbps - we have tested the service at various locations and the speed tests have exceeded 25Mbps more than a few times. The best way to respond to this is, the connection speeds are up to 25Mbps and can exceed this depending on the LTE signal received from the Telkom LTE towers
Ok, but my question is, if I currently average around 80 Mbps on my B315, if I switch to WebAfrica's packages, will I still achieve my 80 Mbps or you going to cut me down to a slower speed ?

WebAfrica Helper

Ok, but my question is, if I currently average around 80 Mbps on my B315, if I switch to WebAfrica's packages, will I still achieve my 80 Mbps or you going to cut me down to a slower speed ?
If you currently have a Telkom LTE service with that router - connected to a Telkom LTE tower - the connection performance should be the same

ProAsm

Expert Member
If you currently have a Telkom LTE service with that router - connected to a Telkom LTE tower - the connection performance should be the same
Ok that's good news, better you tell this to the rest of the staff because they say different and you must be loosing a lot of customers this way.
Now lets say I also take the B525 router from you guys and 1 year later I decide to leave.
What would the router cost be if I then bought it, R1000 ?

WebAfrica Helper

Ok that's good news, better you tell this to the rest of the staff because they say different and you must be loosing a lot of customers this way.
Now lets say I also take the B525 router from you guys and 1 year later I decide to leave.
What would the router cost be if I then bought it, R1000 ?
The router would need to be returned

Or

It will cost you R1999 otherwise

Or just don't cancel ;-)

ProAsm

Expert Member
The router would need to be returned

Or

It will cost you R1999 otherwise

Or just don't cancel ;-)
:cautious::)
Great stuff, got one foot in the door :)
Now do you issue me a new Sim and if so does it also have a 'unrestricted' option ?
I also presume the deal is a month to month on debit order ?
Currently I use prepaid with Telkom.

WebAfrica Helper

:cautious::)
Great stuff, got one foot in the door :)
Now do you issue me a new Sim and if so does it also have a 'unrestricted' option ?
I also presume the deal is a month to month on debit order ?
Currently I use prepaid with Telkom.
You will receive a new SIM along with the free-to-use LTE router delivered to you
Yes - debit order is one of the payment methods as well as CC

winecpt83

Sounds good but why the delivery fee, no other service provider charges more than R50 currently. Spoke to your live chat I already have a B315 router so don't need yours so now what ?