Telkom Halts drastic price cuts

ronan73

"It may come down over time but it will be gentle curves not the type of declines we have seen," said Hayward.
What.... Have I missed a couple of drastic price reductions. :confused:

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
You forget Telkom Maths..... everything is a drastic reduction, even when it gets more expensive.

kaspaas

Expert Member
Telkom might lose only 10% of their broadband marketshare to Neotel, but they are losing much more quite fast to iBurst, Voda, MTN and the likes.

I'm switching my parents from Telkom dialup to MTN GPRS 10GB prepaid on a redundant contract cellphone. This switch will cost Telkom around R200 pm in lost revenue. And it should save my parents R150+ pm.

What we need is an action from all of us to educate people how easy and cheap it is to use a cellphone instead of a dial-up.

It would dent Telkom's revenue quite a bit.

PS: I've dented Telkom's revenue already by concerting 3 friends during the past year from dial-up to cellphone GPRS.

Last edited:

BobbyMac

Expert Member
"The fact that the market has lagged on the competitive and regulatory fronts is giving us time to do more smart stuff on the retail front," said Steven Hayward, managing executive of Retail Marketing, in remarks broadcast on the web.
No Telkom - you caused the lag.

K

kingrob

This article has me laughing out loud!

If Telkom expects the public to believe this utter nonsense, they're in for a BIG surprise.

Welcome, Neotel!!!! :)

Telkom - FAAK OFF AND DIE!! :mad:

Tanarri

There's tiny little light I see in April that seems to shine a little light marking Telkom's end on the SAT-3 monopoly.

But if things don't improve, there are alternatives. There's no hope for Telkom and I look forward to waving this piece **** 'government' goodbye that allows a private monolopy to charge broadband for 7000 ^&%"$%$"£! % more than other countries.