Telkom implements network freeze for the festive season

Hanno Labuschagne

MyBroadband
Staff member
Super Moderator
Telkom implements network freeze for the festive season

Telkom has stated that its network is ready to meet the demand for mobile data traffic these holidays.

The operator will therefore not need to roll out additional infrastructure to meet demand in certain areas and it will continue with its regular freeze of network expansion over the holidays.

"Over the festive season Telkom implements a network freeze except for fault repairs," the mobile operator told MyBroadband.

Vorastra

Expert Member
That's clearly a lie, from them, considering that they're currently planning to add a tower to my area as their a signal gap where I live.
So now that's going to take longer because they say everything is fine...?

Grouter

Expert Member
Try living in a holiday town (not that it's as busy as most Decembers owing to the beach closures).
Just returned from a client, has ADSL synching @ 11 Mbps, good line, good stats, Telkomsa as their ISP.
Watched for 11 seconds for the google logo to load.
Yahoo mail: 10 seconds to open, another 10 or so to open any particular mail. Attachments unavailable.
Speedtest: 0.03 Mbps.
News24 took 20 seconds to load the entire page. Another 30 seconds to load all the ads.
Facebook: timed out.
I told client: "Nothing wrong with your PC. Speak to Telkom"
I left.
This is normal in December here.
Don't even ask about Telkom mobile - most people here who have it actually think it goes off in December it's that bad.

boboudts

In the preceding article, Telkom complain about being frozen out of spectrum and now they freeze their clients out so they can enjoy their year end jollies?.....priorities, Telkom, priorities!

Martin_P

This is standard practice for all telecoms and isp during the festive season.

Slegdehammer67

Thank God they scrapped their services here and as a result, I was forced to jump ship to an alternative supplier...VERY happy

Fate FPS

Absolute nonsense...the network has been so trash ever since lockdown and is only back to normal speeds between 2 and 5 am...dont come here with that nonsense and saying its only halting network freezes now