Telkom international roaming for prepaid customers – up to R300,000 per GB

Hanno Labuschagne

Journalist
Staff member
Telkom international roaming for prepaid customers – up to R300,000 per GB

Telkom Mobile has launched international roaming to its prepaid and top-up customers, which includes voice, SMS, and data services.

Telkom said customers are now able to activate international roaming through its self-service platforms, either via the website on the self-service portal, or on USSD by dialling *180#.

Android device users can also use the Telkom app to activate international roaming on their account.

Sapphiron

Expert Member
Huh? All the other networks have had international roaming for prepaid customers for well over a decade.
At millions of rands a month for only moderate data use, I would argue that they don't have it either.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
At millions of rands a month for only moderate data use, I would argue that they don't have it either.

Data roaming is extortionit on all networks though. Personally I've never used data roaming when I'm overseas, it's far easier just to stick a local sim card in the second sim slot of my phone.

lordnokon

Why people don't just buy a sim in the country they go I don't understand.

Beri

Expert Member
People are stupid. I travel the world and getting a sim at the airport is super easy and cheap.