Telkom is losing fixed broadband subscribers

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
tiny-violin.gif

Skankhunt

Expert Member
which shows a big decline in fixed broadband subscribers

I guess a decline for Telkom as ISP.. not so much Openserve (kinda Telkom) as a fibre provider, cause thankfully they have a choice of other ISP's.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
I guess a decline for Telkom as ISP.. not so much Openserve (kinda Telkom) as a fibre provider, cause thankfully they have a choice of other ISP's.
No, not the ISP, but Openserve, it's the copper lines that's making the numbers look bad.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
This article is confusing Telkom with Openserve. Telkom is not a fibre network operator, Openserve is.

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
I can only imagine the same Telkom/Openserve naming issues coming up when Eskom splits things up.
For what its worth Im very happy with Openserve fibre.

XTM

Telkom is dependent on openserve dsl and fiber. If openserve take his part out the telkom would be dead end

uchoose

I remember the days of extremely bad service, rip off prices and half hour waiting on a phone only to get cut off. This could not happen to a better company. It's always been a toss up between Telkom and Eskom as to the worse company ever.

MRTOM

Here in my home town Openserve were really slow with fibre rollout so a wireless isp started rolling out fibre which they get from Openserve lol they are doing ariel fibre and have done most of the residential areas and at a cheaper price

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Telkom is dependent on openserve dsl and fiber. If openserve take his part out the telkom would be dead end
No, telkom is also on vumatel, frogfoot etc., not only on openserve.

Veneficus

Openserve is a devision of telkom as it has been since the start
It is not a different entity

It was called something else because Telkom knows how badly its name is seen

But it is still the same company just with new stickers on their bakkies

If you are getting good service then you are lucky

images

Last edited:

Vanessa13

They act as if they are surprised - what, did they think people would just sit around waiting for their broadband to be disconnected, like they've been saying they ARE in the process of doing??

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Considering the lengths you have to go to cancel Telkom services - they won't see me again no matter what special they come up with.

OCP

Expert Member
Plenty people had no option but to endure the monopoly that was Telkom and cancelled any and all services as soon as alternatives became an option.

They ripped their clients of for decades, accounts and customer service both nothing but frustration and incompetence and they wonder why they are loosing clients?