Telkom is losing fixed line subscribers at a huge rate

now05ster

Expert Member
Are you still in a contract period?
Yip. It is.

I'm miffed about the lower AUP on the proposed LTE product, but Telkom might quote their AUP terms and conditions stating that they can change it at any time.

Anyway, first world problems. Apparently they will phone me again just before cutoff.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Yip. It is.

I'm miffed about the lower AUP on the proposed LTE product, but Telkom might quote their AUP terms and conditions stating that they can change it at any time.

Anyway, first world problems. Apparently they will phone me again just before cutoff.

Yeah, well, will see how it unfolds, they already phoned twice. They can phone again.

furpile

Expert Member
It almost feels like Telkom wants to get out of the physical network competition completely. Wouldn't be surprised if they sell off their fibre network in a few years, if they manage to buy CellC. Then they can focus only on mobile and wireless.

RRRRRR

This is not a reply, but a question / frustration regarding our Telkom landline. It has been dead since the 1st of December, and I reported it online the next day and got a reference number. Several times during the month I checked in again, and each time got the message that my logged fault was being "processed". There was no way I could submit how many times I'd again reported the problem. When I checked in again today, suddenly it seemed to have been logged as a totally new report, as I received a new reference number, and it was stated that I only reported it today. But I already reported it 36 days ago!!! I get the impression that they are swamped with all the faults, and then just cleared the logs and started anew. My previous reference number had eight digits, while my new one has only four ... Too expensive to phone by cellphone, to then 'hang on' for an hour or more, and eventually to (probably) just be told that the logged fault was receiving attention ...