• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Two-Day Giveaway - Win a Google Chromecast, Branded Gear, and a Mystery Gadget. Enter Here.
  • Giveaway - Win a DiskStation DS918+ and Active Backup Suite from Synology. Enter Here.

Telkom July Big Deal - Assistance please

shonay

Has anybody taken them up on this offer?
R599 for Uncapped LTE (Business Hours)
R899 for Uncapped LTE (All Hours)

I've been thinking of going with this for gaming as Fibre is taking forever to come to my area, and ADSL is capped at 4Mbps speeds which is just not on.

I currently have SmartBroadband Unlimited LTE and I get speeds of around 40Mbps, but when so many users connect to it at home, it renders the latency for gaming pretty poor hence I want to get this one just for gaming.

What I want to find out is, are the speeds of this promotion the same as the SmartBroadband Unlimited LTE?
Because in the T&Cs it says that the speeds are up to 10Mbps for the first 150GB :wtf:
This is not LTE in my books, and I cant seem to get a hold of anybody at Telkom to clarify before I sign up.

I don't want to be tied down to a 24 months contract for 10Mbps speeds on LTE that makes no sense. So if anybody else has signed up for this deal, please can you share your experiences.

shonay

Yeah not looking for a better deal, just looking for a second internet connection for home. The SmartBroadband Unlimited LTE apparently isn't available in my area according to the Telkom website - even though I already have that at home :wtf: else I would have just signed up for another one of that.

LCBXX

Executive Member
Yeah not looking for a better deal, just looking for a second internet connection for home. The SmartBroadband Unlimited LTE apparently isn't available in my area according to the Telkom website - even though I already have that at home :wtf: else I would have just signed up for another one of that.
See if you can find someone looking to let go of theirs on OLX/Gumtree/etc. I did a change of ownership on mine after fibre arrived.

shonay

Agreed, this shouldn't even be called LTE. As its nowhere near the maximum speed our LTE is capable of reaching.