Telkom launches “best mobile data deal” in South Africa

DanDango

Honorary Master
Looks like a good deal if all the different data allocation work correctly.

Petec

Expert Member
Been on this deal , albeit, at the regular R600 pm for over a year now. It’s hands down, the best mobile deal. Plus now add data and talk time roll-over, and it’s untouchable.
I try my best to abuse it, and for 3-4 hours in traffic per day, the kids tether their iPads to it,
Power goes out, and my fiber drops? No worries all six of us hotspot.
As long as you don’t download *,* then you will be cool

Swa

Honorary Master
If it's not better than R10/GB for me it's no good. So how can they claim it to be the best mobile data deal?

DanDango

Honorary Master
If it's not better than R10/GB for me it's no good. So how can they claim it to be the best mobile data deal?

Better headline is "Best mobile deal". The value is not in the 20gb data but how much you value the add-ons.

saor

Honorary Master
Better headline is "Best mobile deal". The value is not in the 20gb data but how much you value the add-ons.
Ja I'm a bit on the fence about this deal. I want a mobile data deal for home and don't need all these extra addons like voice minutes etc. But maybe the streaming stuff is worth it.
Which deal are you on?

Craig_

Honorary Master

For me that wouldn't be worth it, I barely make any phone calls and I already have 3 000 telkom to telkom minutes available, which I use to call as most of my family and friends is on telkom.

MidnightWizard

Executive Member
Its a mother-trucker of a deal
I might just -- truck on down to the local Direct shop
In ANTICIPATION -- of them telling me that .....
It is MYBB false advertising and Telkom special deals are -- CONTRACT ONLY !

Thor

Honorary Master
If that really is month to month then its awesome and scary imagine losing your number due to a Telkom cancelation fckup.

lotus123

I'd go for this except that Telkom blacklisted me on their internal billing system years ago (failed cancellation and ensuing aggro culminating in "FU"), so I guess they'd decline my application. Makes me wonder how many other people are in that predicament.