Telkom launches new, cheap ADSL service

F

Fudzy

8mbps for the same price as what I'm paying now for 4mpbs? That's cool.

herbertk

Expert Member
Below 50 bucks great.... o wait I still need to pay for the analogue line I am not using anyway and that is three times the price of the DSL portion. FAIL

F

Fudzy

Below 50 bucks great.... o wait I still need to pay for the analogue line I am not using anyway and that is three times the price of the DSL portion. FAIL
That R50 price point probably wouldn't be there if you weren't paying line rental.

MickeyD

RIP
That's wholesale pricing... Retail will be about double?

Fiela

Hope there is a restructuring of prices for the other products :D

RichardG

Honorary Master
Article doesn't say much at all. If it's capped/uncapped, or including line rental. If it included line rental for R50 you can count me in immediately. Still overpriced as you've to add Line Rental + Adsl rental which adds up. Article headline is a little misleading.

MickeyD

RIP
Article doesn't say much at all. If it's capped/uncapped, or including line rental. If it included line rental for R50 you can count me in immediately. Still overpriced as you've to add Line Rental + Adsl rental which adds up. Article headline is a little misleading.
It does say it ...

It should be noted that these prices relate to the per-month price of DSL access only. Subscribers will still need to add analogue line rental and ADSL data for a full service.

GSRit01

Hopefully they do a bundle thing when they brig out the retail prices, including line rental etc.

Shard

It helps, since you only get 6Mbps on a 10Mbps rental, atleast I only have to pay for the 8 Mbps to get 6Mbps.

The statement above highlights the joke that is Telkom.

bokka1

Expert Member
I will downgrade my 10MB line to a 8MB line as that is the speed I am currently getting.

])ragon_\/oid

Expert Member
I will downgrade my 10MB line to a 8MB line as that is the speed I am currently getting.
You know you wouldn't get 8mb/s if you have an 8mb line, right? It's all about overhead. 8.5mbps is normal on a 10mb line.

Edit: fixed typo.

Last edited:

Jakes147

Expert Member
Well the range for pricing on the 8mb line is somewhere between R299 and R425.

R362?

Surv0

Executive Member
I was on 8mb for 4 years, paying for a 10mb... about time they stopped that ****.

signeffex

It helps, since you only get 6Mbps on a 10Mbps rental, atleast I only have to pay for the 8 Mbps to get 6Mbps.

The statement above highlights the joke that is Telkom.
Good idea. Makes sense to drop to 8

Method

Executive Member
:erm:

Method

Executive Member
])ragon_\/oid;15937622 said:
You know you wouldn't get 8mb/s if you have an 8mb line, right? It's all about overhead. 8.5mbps is normal on a 10mb line.

Edit: fixed typo.
Well that's BS.

I get 10mbps on my 10mbps line. As in I can download at 10mbps if I get a decent source.