Telkom launches new uncapped fibre products

JustAsk

Expert Member
The prices and speeds in the article don't add up.

Telkom may have a promotional offer at times but when it ends then everyone is on the same speed and pays the same price.
Those are fibre (top) vs pure dsl prices.

Speedster

Honorary Master
Looks like WebAfrica did not want to be undone by Telkom.

webafrica-png.1031500
Those prices are only until end of the year though. Telkom you get to keep the price until you cancel

Swa

Honorary Master
Unfortunately I wouldn't consider going with Telkom even if they were in my area.

Swa

Honorary Master
I have no idea how it works, but I feel that when you have only one provider in an area you are faced with a monopoly like Telkom in the past and that provider has no motivation to be competitive with pricing.
What you mean is open access where a provider has access to the last mile and only have to lay their own backhaul. Unfortunately we don't have that here and we won't any time soon while providers still have monopolies in areas.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
Unfortunately I wouldn't consider going with Telkom even if they were in my area.
Do you mean openserve when you say telkom? Because you can get telkom isp already "in your area" now with vumatel. I agree I wouldn't touch telkom as an isp, but I'm wishing openserve were here so I can stop paying rip off prices of vumatel. There's nothing wrong with openerve through another isp.

Last edited:

eddief1

Expert Member
I said it in another thread...if that Openserv 25Mbps @ R399 sticks it's a game changer! R399 is cheaper than just the line fee portion from other FNO's

Swa

Honorary Master
Do you mean openserve when you say telkom? Because you can get telkom isp already "in your area" now with vumatel. I agree I wouldn't touch telkom as an isp, but I'm wishing openserve were here so I can stop paying rip off prices of vumatel. There's nothing wrong with openerve through another isp.
Yes Telkom themselves. I wouldn't touch them even for this. I'll rather pay more for their product through other ISPs but unfortunately I only have Vuma here.

Smd

Can someone please tell me the telkom R849 deals "fiber home unlimited premium" voice plan included. It's not detailed on their website, I'm just wondering what do they give you in terms of call use