Telkom launches unlimited mobile broadband

furpile

Expert Member
Again, it is not unlimited if there is a data cap. I hope somebody lays a complaint with ASA.

koeks525

Expert Member
Well it is nice to see a better "uncapped" offering for mobile broadband. 2Mbps, ah its not too bad, but it would have been real nice if it was 4 or 10Mbps.

As for the throttling, I really wonder what the speed will be like...hoping it wont be 128kbps. 100GB usage on mobile ain't too bad!! I use that much, if I am constantly downloading in that month.

“Customers benefit from fixed monthly pricing, with no coverage restrictions,”
I am hoping this means the user can use the Telkom Mobile network as well as the MTN network.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
We're getting somewhere...

24 month contract? A lot happens in 2 years in this digital age,

This product offers an uncapped data connection over the mobile network, and consistent speeds of up to 2Mbps.
Where does MyBB get this?

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
Well it is nice to see a better "uncapped" offering for mobile broadband. 2Mbps, ah its not too bad, but it would have been real nice if it was 4 or 10Mbps.

As for the throttling, I really wonder what the speed will be like...hoping it wont be 128kbps. 100GB usage on mobile ain't too bad!! I use that much, if I am constantly downloading in that month.

I am hoping this means the user can use the Telkom Mobile network as well as the MTN network.
Don't think so boet.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Speed is not really the issue these days. I'll take a 1mbps connection if it has low latency and constant throughput.

whatwhat

Executive Member
I think that they meant that they can deliver 2Mbps as a minimum. I don't think they are going to limit you to 2Mb max.

koeks525

Expert Member
I think that they meant that they can deliver 2Mbps as a minimum. I don't think they are going to limit you to 2Mb max.
I am not sure about this, from what I have read and understood, it looks like the maximum speed you will get from this is 2Mbps, without the throttling.

ShaunyCT

I've noticed that Telkom advertised unlimited data from R299pm on high end Samsung phones, while I was watching Idols. I think its available for everybody.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
I've noticed that Telkom advertised unlimited data from R299pm on high end Samsung phones, while I was watching Idols. I think its available for everybody.
That one has a FUP of 10GB throttled to 128Kbps.

kianm

Honorary Master
They throttle the speed to 2Mbps ,then impose a cap, then further throttle you and then ask for your signature on a 24 month contract. Too much compromise & risk on the customer's side. Thanks but no

IceQB

Expert Member
Month to month @ R999 sounds better. 100-150GB is about what I use. Wonder what speeds will be when "capped"?

Bosvark@

Expert Member
I am a firm believer that Telkom is positioned and has the finances to really shake up the market... If only they would realise and act and use this opportunity.

Renesongs

I have a Telkom 10 +10 contract with average speed more than 2Mb/s all for R200pm. If I bought 5 such packages I would be effectively paying only R1000 pm with a much better rate from the same provider.