• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Telkom line dies every few days????

Iroiro

Hi guys, I hope someone here can help me.

Every couple of days I wake up in the morning to find my phone line dead, only to have it come back up at some point during the day running perfectly as if nothing happened.
It started off as once a month, then once a week, now its every few days. Its getting really annoying not having internet every few mornings and I'm spending a fortune on mobile data for when its down.
I've logged fault after fault and as usual Telkom does nothing.

I've checked the router logs and they tell me it goes down at around 1:30am in the mornings.
Does anyone have any idea what's up with my line?

I've got the exact same issue, just at different times. My line goes from a 8mb to a 2mb, then just drops completely. My difference is that it comes back up to 8mb in the morning. I've had telkom in twice to check for dry joints on the physical line, i've got them to move ports on the DSLAM, replaced my router twice. Very annoying!

selby

One of those hard to diagnose problems. The worst is when it just goes back to normal, and you're left wondering what the heck just happened, and will it happen again...

MrG

Executive Member
Did you figure out why this happened? I believe I am currently experiencing the same problem.

hornbill81

I also am having the same or similar issues. Telkom say it is syncing at 4mb but I have screenshots of it syncing at all sorts of speeds.
128, 384, 1088. Every morning it is down when I wake up.

Super annoying.

atomcrusher

Expert Member
I also am having the same or similar issues. Telkom say it is syncing at 4mb but I have screenshots of it syncing at all sorts of speeds.
128, 384, 1088. Every morning it is down when I wake up.

Super annoying.
I have a similar issue with my "up to 10 Mbps" Telkom ISP ADSL connection. Every morning on awakening I need to reboot my Netgear D6000 router ... often several times before I get an internet connection. Then is fine for the rest of the day, until the next a.m. when it has bombed out again.