Telkom LIT Android media box - Tips/Tricks/Apps thread

Norman_D

May I asked...is there any way forward to keep the Telkom LID box and that Netflix will word on it with a work around...or is time to go and buy a new Android Box?

rodga

Honorary Master
Homatics Box Q is around R1299 at PnP so some smart shopper points could help if you have a a large amount

I bought one of these last week. I still haven't tested it out properly yet.

Dolby

Honorary Master
Works, KM9 also faster than Ematic
Both Certified
Interesting.

So you say say latest Netflix UHD HDR is no issue? You've tried this?
Is it this one that Netflix hasn't approved ?

1633241568188.png

Last edited:

alqassam

Expert Member
Mine has been switched off since getting a x96 air and running coreelec with Seren.

Netflix is just watched in the TV app. UHD with Dolby vision on a hisense

Dolby

Honorary Master
Installed Netflix & updated the new one I got & works perfectly
Everywhere I've read says it isn't.

Do have a UHD HDR screen and see the below?

I'm not saying you're wrong, but it would be terrible for guys to sell the LIT and buy another box with Netflix issues as well.

IMG_20211003_095413-01.jpg

epah

Expert Member
So my two Lit boxes are now worthless and the same thing can happen to the other devices in the future? Do you think it is safer to buy the Apple Tv ? More expensive but al least you can expect better service from the company?My Roku is working well after all these years but not compatible with Dstv. So I wasted a lot of money on cheaper devices ..
Get the apple tv, it will last you for years and will never let you down.

epah

Expert Member
Im not sure about Apple TV. They already have their own channel and then they own Disney with Disney+ basically launching soon. They may dump Netflix as well.

Dont know why its soo moody with media player software, since its just an android box, but netflix works on all phones. A real headache honestly. I have a kwese player (Disconnected) a Roku (support dropped, disconnected for the model I had), then now the Lit box, and yesterday I got a notification on my Samsung Smart TV (older model, netflix wont run on there anymore).

So Showmax, Amazon Prime, and VIKI it will be. Will just have to pirate the netflix items
Sorry but there is no way in hell apple would dump netflix. that would cause the earth to tilt on its axis.

Dolby

Honorary Master
Sorry but there is no way in hell apple would dump netflix. that would cause the earth to tilt on its axis.

Like I said in the other thread, the Apple has (had?) limitations that most Apple users don't care about - as long as they can tell me people they have an Apple ;)

These guys were the last box to offer UHD - but no one cared, because they had an Apple ...
They were running YouTube in 1080 - but no one cared, because they had an Apple ...
It couldn't run Kodi - but no one cared, because they had an Apple ...
It could switch on/off popular smart lights - but no one cared, because they had an Apple ..

My Samsung TV could do YouTube (UHD/HDR), Netflix (UHD/HDR), Apple TV (UHD/HDR), Google Movies, Amazon Prime (UHD/HDR10+) - but Apple users would never be caught dead using it.

In other words, I think that it won't suit everyone as a fair number of guys on MyBB are tinkerers. And an Apple is 3 x price ...

epah

Expert Member
Like I said in the other thread, the Apple has (had?) limitations that most Apple users don't care about - as long as they can tell me people they have an Apple ;)

These guys were the last box to offer UHD - but no one cared, because they had an Apple ...
They were running YouTube in 1080 - but no one cared, because they had an Apple ...
It couldn't run Kodi - but no one cared, because they had an Apple ...
It could switch on/off popular smart lights - but no one cared, because they had an Apple ..

My Samsung TV could do YouTube (UHD/HDR), Netflix (UHD/HDR), Apple TV (UHD/HDR), Google Movies, Amazon Prime (UHD/HDR10+) - but Apple users would never be caught dead using it.

In other words, I think that it won't suit everyone as a fair number of guys on MyBB are tinkerers. And an Apple is 3 x price ...
i get all of that but they still wont dump netflix, i can bet you a million bucks.

IceQB

Expert Member
@Dolby
720ec01cdebbc31344dbedfb10f603da.jpg

Dolby

Honorary Master
It's specifically the Netflix UHD HDR.

The box is Google certified and has the assistant, Chromcast, runs DSTV etc - all in the correct resolution. But often the issue arises with Netflix itself, as that doesn't work as a 'normal' app that is loaded over the OS.

PS You can see the Netflix serial number in the About ... I think TV Settings

Gudnews

Expert Member
@Dolby Probably been asked before so bear with me. Why don't the certified boxes support HD surround pass through on recorded media? Is it possible to be certified yet allow for this?

Dolby

Honorary Master
@Dolby Probably been asked before so bear with me. Why don't the certified boxes support HD surround pass through on recorded media?
I'm not 100% sure, but as a guess it's one of these, or maybe a combination :

A) S905X chips can't handle and it needs to be something with a more power.

B) Google certification is more about the code and that it hasn't been tampered with. It's kinda like a verification. I'd guess that licensing still need to be paid to Dolby (not me!)

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
I'm not 100% sure, but as a guess it's one of these, or maybe a combination :

A) S905X chips can't handle and it needs to be something with a more power.

B) Google certification is more about the code and that it hasn't been tampered with. It's kinda like a verification. I'd guess that licensing still need to be paid to Dolby (not me!)
It's not A.

I have a Mi Box with Android 8.0 still on it and can play HD audio. It's the same with the Apple TV, Plex can't play HD audio on it but Infuse can because they pay the licensing fee for the app.

Dolby

Honorary Master
It's not A.

I have a Mi Box with Android 8.0 still on it and can play HD audio. It's the same with the Apple TV, Plex can't play HD audio on it but Infuse can because they pay the licensing fee for the app.
And a Mi running ATV 9?