Telkom LIT Android media box - Tips/Tricks/Apps thread

Aidandb

me like a mamparra in my own world didnt know this went down with telkom and netflix. struggling all week coz the litbox cant connect to netflix - ai...im late to the party and only found this out now.. threadwatching for another solution besides the kodi one else to the scrap heep me litbox shall go. was good while it lasted.
I was in that same boat, I ended up on this threat looking for a way to reset the lit box and ended up, well the rest is history. but for some reason I'm not upset nor surprise after all , we are talking about Telkom here.

Ryan Innes

Sold mine and got a mi stick, TV I'm using it on is in my office and is only 720p anyway.

Good riddance.

Xiphos

I'd also love to take a couple at 200 each. Just think in a month +/- you'll have a set of fully functional Google certified boxes and sell for 800 now thats a ROI if I ever seen one.

wpeg

Where these boxes even available from telkom in the last 6 months?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211006-193113_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20211006-193113_Twitter.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 68

joshuatree

Expert Member
^^^ That's what I would have offered on Gumtree probably - one of those great if accepted, no great loss if not.

Comes down to use case.

Xiphos

I have never tried it on a lit box. I'v tried installing on a MXQ Pro 4k with no success couldn't find a rom that works all stuck on splash screen. I'm trying now on a A95x Nextbox. If I can get it to work I might want to try it on a Lit but with my luck chances are good I'll brick it .

The other problem is if you flash that rom on the Lit and it doesn't work we don't have stock roms for the Lit to revert it back to factory FW and then you defiantly stuck with a paperweight.
@Tinuva
@Jettafreak
Good day, just to post some findings WRT the https://www.aidansrom.ml/.
I have tested different versions of the Roms corresponding to the chipsets of the following OTT boxes
Nextbox A95x (Alogic 905x chipset+Rockchip RK3229)
MXQ Pro 4k (Amlogic 905W) chipset

Note: These tests were done on the mentioned OTT devices and they are probably clones of the ones Adrian has used to build and test his Roms.
I do not say his ROM's doesn't work but the hardware compatibility vs drivers installed on the ROM's appears to be a mismatch. (Lots Cloned Chinese OTT boxes imported to RSA and we don't know if we got the legit ones or not)
He has done some great work with his ROM's but they are not guaranteed to work with your hardware.
This puts us at risk if we try and load these Roms on the Lit boxes and they fail for some reason or there is no remote or WIFi/Blutooth support for the LIT we wont be able to revert back to stock Lit Firmware.
Best bet is to wait for the Nology updated ROM and remove Netflix.

Here are my findings:

Nextbox A95x (Alogic 905x chipset+Rockchip RK3229) Strugled to load the rom using the TK Batchtool so reverted to SD card installation
Rom Rom "[v7.5] works with keyboard and mouse.

- Rom "[v7.5] (MXQ)" Stuck on boot window
- Rom "[v7.5] (Nexbox)" Does not load at all
- Rom "[v7.5] (UNIVERSAL)" Boots but no remote-control support or Network.
- Rom "1.+[v8]+Aidan's+ROM+[S905X]" Cant get this rom to install at all.
- Original stock rom works 100% but not ATV

MXQ Pro 4k (Alogic 905x chipset) Got the box to boot up eventually and have tested all 4 roms from the site for this chipset
All works with keyboard and mouse.

- Rom 1 No LAN detected, (Only 1 USB port works) OK button on remote doesnt work
- Rom 3 Only 1 USB port works, Arrow up and down buttons don't work and ok and back button works.
- Rom 7 Only 1 USB port works, No Blootooth no OK or back button
- Rom 9 Same as Rom 7
- Stock rom works 100% but is not ATV

milomak

Honorary Master
am i correct that these have lan ports? if so, which should i go for:

Mecool KM9 Pro​

Mediabox Maverick 4K​

Ematic AGT419 4K​

deesef

Expert Member
am i correct that these have lan ports? if so, which should i go for:

Mecool KM9 Pro​

Mediabox Maverick 4K​

Ematic AGT419 4K​

The bottom 2 have LAN ports. The MediaBox had a faster / more modern chipset and is much faster than the Ematic.

Dunno about the Mecool.

stefan9

Executive Member
Mecool has more rom space, mediabox has the faster Lan port. Rest is the same for most part.
Not sure if mecool has any certification besides Google, mediabox has Google,netflix and Amazon.

killerbyte

Expert Member
Mecool has more rom space, mediabox has the faster Lan port. Rest is the same for most part.
Not sure if mecool has any certification besides Google, mediabox has Google,netflix and Amazon.
What do you need gigabit Ethernet for on a streaming box? What content requires more than 100Mbps?