Telkom LIT Android media box - Tips/Tricks/Apps thread

wingnut771

Honorary Master
Quite impressed with the Maverick.The software is smooth and the remote feels solid, the voice search is a nice bonus. The Rii is gonna gather dust for now.
Looks like same remote as ematic except for the prime video button. Voice search is nice.

Xiphos

Here are some Geekbench performance results
Telkom LIT:
Single Core: 650 Multi Core: 1843

Ematic:
Single Core: 651 Multi Core: 1827

Nvidia Shield (2017):
Single Core: 1637 Multi Core: 4705

Xiaomi Mi Box s:
Single Core: 658 Multi Core: 1857

Xiaomi Mi Box 3:
Single Core: 680 Multi Core: 1145

There are no results on the Maverick yet that I can find.
If someone maybe can do a geek bench test and post the results?

killerbyte

Expert Member
Are you saying netflix doesn't work on the Ematic? I have to be honest, I haven't used to box since moving house in July.
No.
Netflix works perfectly on the Ematic AGT419.
The agreement between Telkom and Netflix does not affect the Ematic. It was only for the LIT.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
No.
Netflix works perfectly on the Ematic AGT419.
The agreement between Telkom and Netflix does not affect the Ematic. It was only for the LIT.
Thanks, yeah I was just confused when you said the agreement is with manufacturer and they are both from the same manufacturer.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
In what way? My ematic is nice and responsive, nice remote that you don't have to have line of sight, plays kodi/netflix/dstvnow. What more does one want?

Spoke to him briefly the other day, and all he said was it was shite, did not have to pursue, the reason why.

rodga

Honorary Master
This box looks interesting. Saw it in todays pnp email.

Homatics Box Q Android TV

Specifications

Operating System: Android TV 10
CPU: Amlogic S905X3 (ARM Cortex-A55)
GPU: ARM Mali-G31 MP2
RAM: 2GB
Storage: 8GB eMMC
Code name: SEI600HM
Certifications: Google-Certified Android TV, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime Video 4K

Wireless connectivity

Wi-Fi 5 2.4G/5G AC

Bluetooth: 4.2

HDMI 2.1

Ports

USB 2.0 x 1 - USB 3.0 x 1

MicroSD Card Reader

HDMI 2.1

USB-C

Decoder

Output Resolution: 480i/p, 576i/p, 720p, 1080i/p, 4K

Video decoder: VP9-10, H.265, H.264, VC-1, MPEG1/2/4, Real8/9/10

Video Format: RM, MOV, VOB, AVI, MKV, TS, MP4

Audio decoder: DOLBY

Audio Format: MP3, AAC, FLAC, OGG

Image decoder: JPG, BMP, GIF, PNG
DRM: Widevine L1, L3, PlayReady

ce91474c46e2243482cdb9d6e08a9580.jpg
470bbb587840d0248564693f60debd0e.jpg
This is another option, been on my desk for 2 weeks now, just havent had the time to play around with it yet. Did start up and have an update waiting to be installed.
Remote buttons are very plasticky though, hopefully wont wear as quick as the lit buttons.

Piesang

Executive Member
A while back there was a huge issue about Version 9.6.7 (or something like that). No one wanted to do the Firmware upgrade. What was the reason for that?

joshuatree

Expert Member
All this talk about Netflix that have been dropped on the Lit Box, yet I don't see any significant number for sale. Just had a look here, and Gumtree.

Netflix not that important to most, or the Kodi workaround posted must be sufficient .

rodga

Honorary Master
All this talk about Netflix that have been dropped on the Lit Box, yet I don't see any significant number for sale. Just had a look here, and Gumtree.

Netflix not that important to most, or the Kodi workaround posted must be sufficient .
plenty on fb marketplace in the last week for as low as 250

wingnut771

Honorary Master

Kodi FTW

SeRpEnT

Executive Member
Ok. So got this to work. Just the video quality that sucks.

Got the video quality sorted as well.
Netflix works like a charm. The wife just have to get use to the new interface, but it's working.
Screen shot or photo of the UI please? Works ok with remote?

Piesang

Executive Member
Screen shot or photo of the UI please? Works ok with remote?
I use it in KODI. So the UI is nothing major. Looks just like whatever your KODI looks like (if you have KODI installed).

Video Quality is same as before. I use one of those Keyboard/Mouse Remotes since day one. I've never used the remote that came with the LIT box since I got it.

jgegroups

I use it in KODI. So the UI is nothing major. Looks just like whatever your KODI looks like (if you have KODI installed).

Video Quality is same as before. I use one of those Keyboard/Mouse Remotes since day one. I've never used the remote that came with the LIT box since I got it.
I can confirm the standard remote works as well.
@Piesang how did you get 1080p? Player info shows 720p.

stefan9

Executive Member
I'm confused. So none of these box work with netflix?
I can comment on the maverick as I have recently gotten one.

These streaming apps work on it: Netflix,Amazon prime, dstv, showmax, Apple tv and dazn. + any others that are on the sa Google tv store.

The only one currently available in SA that is an issue is Britbox because they don't have a Google tv app. Mediabox when I asked them about britbox said the moment they provide an App it will show on the Google store.

Disney + doesn't currently show in the SA playstore, presume it will become available once it launches in SA.

Very happy with my maverick. Interface is fast and smooth. Apps update regularly.