Telkom LTE Port Forwarding for CCTV

Mudbream

Hi All,

I have the Telkom LTE Uncapped deal with the Huawei B351s (from the bottom of the device).
I also have a new Hikvision CCTV system.

I have setup the Hikvision DVR as a fixed IP which I can see over my network (from the PC and mobile phone).
However, I'm trying to figure out how to do the setup to allow me to check the CCTV remotely.

I setup the Port Forwarding option on the router (Security->Virtual Server) but this doesn't work.

I've done a port scan on my public IP and it says everything is blocked. Before I moved to the LTE I had setup a webserver I was able to view remotely using No-IP DDNS. This no longer works either.

Anyone with any knowledge of how to get this working?

Thanks!

ijacobs3

Expert Member
the hikvision should support ezviz p2p ( or something like that) that doesnt require port forwarding,

As for Telkom LTE supporting port forwarding, i dont think it does

Last edited:

BlindMelonChitlin

Expert Member
Yeah - mobile providers often double NAT which means no hosting on the other side directly. Only way around it that I can see is if you setup your own VPN and maybe run something like Hamachi on the same box.

sajunky

Honorary Master
Telkom had unrestricted APN as default on prepaid.
Assuming it is still unrestricetd, you would need DDNS on the router, which do not allow to enter free DDNS servers (additional revenue for Huawei).

A post about ezviz worth to investigate, it would bypass Huawei/Telkom restrictions.

thehuman

Expert Member
working for me
c70cecff2634798d9ee2010a6bb21bbb.jpg

nortjedp

@thehuman.
Please help. I have the same setup with Telkom and a Huawei router utilising LTE. Managed to get connected to No - I and I can get comes with the 80 port. The rest is in shambles. So if you can provide me with a Noddy guide I will really appreciate it. My PC skills are of such a nature that I can help myself given the proper motivation.

I will be really grateful for any advice.