Telkom may face Competition Commision investigation over uncapped ADSL

eyc

Peace.
In 1991 the Dept of P&T split into Telkom and SAPOS and their assets were valued at R12,8billion. In exchange for these assets Telkom had to accept all the liabilities, eg. gross interest bearing debt of R14,3 billion and had to fund some of the SAPOS losses for a fixed period.

http://mybroadband.co.za/news/telecoms/35920-did-you-pay-for-telkom’s-infrastructure.html
LoL !! You made me go check the facts... You do know that the value included an almost completely depreciated network in many areas ? Don't you hate it when someone come spoil a great story with facts :D ?

MickeyD

RIP
LoL !! You made me go check the facts... You do know that the value included an almost completely depreciated network in many areas ? Don't you hate it when someone come spoil a great story with facts :D ?
Not quite correct... then again, if you were to buy a business would you use the cost price or fair value of the existing assets?

eyc

Not quite correct... then again, if you were to buy a business would you use the cost price or fair value of the existing assets?
I`d use the cost best suited to justify my offer price. Are you suggesting Telkom was in fact paid for ? If so what was the "brand" value , 'cost per subscriber" ( recurring revenue value ) etc. ?

MickeyD

RIP
I`d use the cost best suited to justify my offer price. Are you suggesting Telkom was in fact paid for ? If so what was the "brand" value , 'cost per subscriber" ( recurring revenue value ) etc. ?
Now you are asking the correct questions...

Paul Hjul

Honorary Master
and on that set of questions there is a massive scope for debate and discussion and then add the benefits for managed liberalization and you can see the con pulled by the ANC on the SA public.

eyc

and on that set of questions there is a massive scope for debate and discussion and then add the benefits for managed liberalization and you can see the con pulled by the ANC on the SA public.
you`re right , unfortunately.