Telkom mistakenly agrees it is the "worst Internet provider ever"

cpu.

Executive Member
Waiting for a MyBB article telling us what is the current average take home pay of professional gamers right now.
This professional gamer is from another country, not SA. But if there are any pro gamers here, it will be interesting.

ld13

Honorary Master
MyBroadband reached out to Telkom for comment on the tweet, but the company did not provide a response by the time of publication.

Sheesh, give them some time to comment guys - their cancellations department must retract the tweet first etc...

3WA

Honorary Master
Why? So that someone loses their job?

Don't worry. Think of how long it takes them to cancel a cellphone contract, then imagine how long it takes them to cancel an employment contract.

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
"MyBroadband reached out to Telkom for comment on the tweet, but the company did not provide a response by the time of publication."
They're inspecting it and cross referencing every word.

They logged a fault, it'll be resolved by 2020.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
They logged a fault, it'll be resolved by 2020.
No, they won't resolve as their credibility keeps getting "stolen".
They'll replace the tweet with a dodgy wireless link.

Last edited:

1anRoux

Everybody makes mistakes...would like to see some of the mistakes other companies have made

Aghori

Honorary Master
Honest mistake lol. Somebody's gonna get a written warning for this though.

InfidelGastro

Expert Member
The Telkom halfwit that responded to the tweet will probably receive an increase and promotion. I think there must be an internal competition at Telkom to see who can be the most asinine employee because to be that stupid, must take a lot of practice and dedication.

Moosedrool

Executive Member
Reminds me of that day with the dns server telkom.co.za resolving to a page with the "hello world" phrase on it.

Swa

Honorary Master
The Telkom halfwit that responded to the tweet will probably receive an increase and promotion. I think there must be an internal competition at Telkom to see who can be the most asinine employee because to be that stupid, must take a lot of practice and dedication.
I can actually see it happening quite easily. See a tweet in your feed and respond. It didn't say #1 spot in what.

VegOtter

haha, because they so desperate for a good comment in the sea of complaints that they'll literally jump on anything even without reading the full context.

InfidelGastro

Expert Member
I can actually see it happening quite easily. See a tweet in your feed and respond. It didn't say #1 spot in what.
These people represent the company, it's their job to screen tweets carefully and respond accordingly. They get paid for it. Such a thing shouldn't happen, ever. Their mindset is "It's a job, lets just get it done as quickly as possible, knock off, then collect our cheques at the end of the month".