Telkom Mobile Canal Walk can't supply devices

SamGin

I now understand why Telkom is so widely hated.
12 days ago I applied to upgrade my contract from one costing R180/month to one costing R200 a month.
It took them a few days to approve that. I guess that's understandable although retarded.

Since then I have been waiting for them to actually get the router that comes with the contract in stock. They have told me what turned out to be lies twice now.

This is the Telkom shop nearest to entrance 4. They sell contracts for which they can't supply the devices. They then lie about it "We are just checking the stock in" and "It will be here on Wednesday" (6 days ago). The current story is "It will be here by Thursday"... guess what? I don't believe that story either.

Unlimited? So limited they can't actually supply the devices.

You think it is limited to Canal Walk?

NONE of their branches can provide you with any device of YOUR choice.

"Hi, I'd like to upgrade to an iPhone 6s, please"

"We have none in stock, how about a Nokia 3310?"

abzo

Honorary Master

I think you should take the 3310.

CharlieM

Filled in cancelation forms for my phone and adsl as well as an early termination of a cellphone contract all with Telkom last week. Until now I havent received as much as a confirmation that documents has been received from them. Really think Telkom either doesnt care about personal (as appose to business) customers anymore or they are really just a sinking ship.

inanabhay

It's a national issue, online sales don't call you back, if you ever get through to them, they don't have stock.
The stores also don't have stock, except for a handful of old, overpriced devices.
I have been trying almost daily for the past 6 weeks

cr@zydude

Executive Member

Their Greenacres branch in PE doesn't even offer an alternative. I've been waiting for a P8 lite for a month now. They can't tell me how many people are ahead of me on the waiting list, or when they will get more stock.

My contract ends in 5 weeks. If TM didn't have such great prices, I'd leave.

Telkom

Expert Member
Company Rep
I now understand why Telkom is so widely hated.
12 days ago I applied to upgrade my contract from one costing R180/month to one costing R200 a month.
It took them a few days to approve that. I guess that's understandable although retarded.

Since then I have been waiting for them to actually get the router that comes with the contract in stock. They have told me what turned out to be lies twice now.

This is the Telkom shop nearest to entrance 4. They sell contracts for which they can't supply the devices. They then lie about it "We are just checking the stock in" and "It will be here on Wednesday" (6 days ago). The current story is "It will be here by Thursday"... guess what? I don't believe that story either.

Unlimited? So limited they can't actually supply the devices.
Hi SamGin,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by the lack of stock for your upgrade.

Please may you PM us the affected number so we can have the Upgrade Department to assist further.

Your social media team is SM167401.

Regards
William
Telkom Social Media Team

Telkom

Expert Member
Company Rep

Hi MickeyD,

We would like to assist you by getting the Upgrade Department to assist further.

Please do PM us the affected number for further assistance.

Your social media reference number is SM167402.

Regards
William
Telkom Social Media Team

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Hi MickeyD,

We would like to assist you by getting the Upgrade Department to assist further.

Please do PM us the affected number for further assistance.

Your social media reference number is SM167402.

Regards
William
Telkom Social Media Team
Glad to see that someone from Telkom is back on here. Can I get some help with my upgrade too? I've been waiting about 2 months for a P8 lite.

Telkom

Expert Member
Company Rep
Glad to see that someone from Telkom is back on here. Can I get some help with my upgrade too? I've been waiting about 2 months for a P8 lite.
Hi cr@zydude,

Let us intervene and assist further with your upgrade.

Please PM your affected number and contact so that we can have our team to assist.

Apologies for the delay.

Your social media reference: SM168066.
Regards,
Boitumelo
Telkom Social Media Team

rph72

Executive Member
I also need to upgrade one of my numbers. Been to 2 stores and none have the Samsung A5 that I am looking for.

Is there a way one can process an application online?

Will PM the Telkom rep.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Hi cr@zydude,

Let us intervene and assist further with your upgrade.

Please PM your affected number and contact so that we can have our team to assist.

Apologies for the delay.

Your social media reference: SM168066.
Regards,
Boitumelo
Telkom Social Media Team
Thank you TM rep. I got the call today and organised my upgrade.

rph72

Executive Member
I also need to upgrade one of my numbers. Been to 2 stores and none have the Samsung A5 that I am looking for.

Is there a way one can process an application online?

Will PM the Telkom rep.
Ok, somebody did call me and my line has been upgraded. Fortunately they had the Galaxy A5.

Quentin Legend

Lol 12 days.

My contract papers were handed in to Telkom Menlyn on the 23rd of September for a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+, the sales rep said they should have stock within a week.

Followed up a few times in the weeks following with the same reply "Our warehouses are empty, we're waiting for stock but can't say when it'll arrive", so on the 24th of October I fetched my application forms and resubmitted with Telkom's flagship store in Menlyn with a promise that it shouldn't take longer than a week.

Followed up a week later with the same excuses, that's when I decided to go to the iStore on Friday and just apply for an iPhone... Still awaiting confirmation of when I can go pick up my device. :mad:

cr@zydude

Executive Member
My phone was delivered today. Thanks Telkom social media team and Telkom direct. You guys did in 4 days what your PE stores couldn't do in 8 weeks.

rph72

Executive Member
I arranged for my phone delivered on Thursday as I am out of town for 2 days. Office called me now and advised the courier company is there with a delivery. The idiots will have to come back on Thursday.