Telkom mobile connectivity issues

thechamp

Honorary Master
Anyone else having connectivity issues? both my phone and tablet can't connect to the internet.

Immy

Same here in PE, phone constantly switching between 4G, H+, H and 3G for past two days.

Randux

Expert Member
I was about to make a thread about this. The connectivity problems started two weeks ago for me. Phone loses connectivity at random or when the phone has been not in use for a long period. For example if left alone for an hour or longer it loses connectivity. Every morning I have to reboot the phone to be connected. Toggling airplane mode on and off doesn't help, it has to be rebooted. I asked two of my friends if they were experiencing any problems, both described my experiences. I and the one friend are in Pietermaritzburg the other is in Durban Central.

ArtyLoop

Expert Member
Cape Town here- went dead as a door nail now the only site I can seem to access is MyBroadband. Whatsapp and Telegram also can’t connect and cannot connect to GMail

PhireSide

Executive Member
Cape Town here- went dead as a door nail now the only site I can seem to access is MyBroadband. Whatsapp and Telegram also can’t connect and cannot connect to GMail
Yahoo and duckduckgo works, yet Google and Youtube are both dead. Odd

ArtyLoop

Expert Member
Whatsapp dead
Telegram dead
Google and all Google stuff dead (cannot even get to my Gmail)
YouTube dead
Many sites hosted in the US cannot be reached
Netflix dead

All just stopped working at the same time around 22:10

Mobster

facing the same issue. some sites work others dont. hit and miss going on here. Hope telkom can sort this out quickly.

ArtyLoop

Expert Member
facing the same issue. some sites work others dont. hit and miss going on here. Hope telkom can sort this out quickly.
Erm nope they fark their stuff up every so often and we sit with terrible internet for weeks :mad:

And what’s worse is I cannot even get to my own websites hosted locally
Some idiot has really been let loose in their network again

ztecza

Anyone still having issues in Cpt ? My Telkom mobile has no connectivity. LTE signal full bars but no internet access.

rebel998

Expert Member
Yesterday afternoon I bought R355 worth of data. The money was deducted from my airtime but I received NO DATA?

This morning I called 180, held on for 40 minutes, nothing.

I then drove to the telkom front office. What a waste of time the only thing Louw Cloete (Wonderboom Junction, Pretoria shop) could say was that the system is down and there is nothing he could do. So I asked for their head office's number, they dont have one???? Regional office? nope, sorry.

This leaves me very concerned. It is clear that telkom mobile, once they have problems, provide f**k-all service. You cannot make contact with them.Period.

I suppose this is typical of an African country??

I am disgusted to say the least. :(

thechamp

Honorary Master
Yesterday afternoon I bought R355 worth of data. The money was deducted from my airtime but I received NO DATA?

I then drove to the telkom front office. What a waste of time the only thing Louw Cloete (Wonderboom Junction, Pretoria shop) could say was that the system is down and there is nothing he could do. So I asked for their head office's number, they dont have one???? Regional office? nope, sorry.

This leaves me very concerned. It is clear that telkom mobile, once they have problems, provide f**k-all service. You cannot make contact with them.Period.

What are you, a European?

RedhotNeo

Expert Member

they did say they have system problems.. so just have to wait for telkom techs to resolve..

now imagine a call centre with just 200 staff on shift when u called in and theres already a waiting list of 50000 people, how long would it take for them to answer your call.. its not about the location! just be patient