• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

Telkom Mobile IP address Black listed

soulravanger

Not sure if any one else is having the same issue as me and a couple colleague every IP address i receive on my phone from Telkom Mobile is black listed and then my mail account is blocked because i am assessing it from a "BAD" IP .
I tried calling Telkom spent and an hour and half trying to explain whats going on but no one had a clue what i was actually talking about.

It seems the range 197.229.0.0 almost all ip address in that range have been black listed.

ripclaw

Not sure if any one else is having the same issue as me and a couple colleague every IP address i receive on my phone from Telkom Mobile is black listed and then my mail account is blocked because i am assessing it from a "BAD" IP .
I tried calling Telkom spent and an hour and half trying to explain whats going on but no one had a clue what i was actually talking about.

It seems the range 197.229.0.0 almost all ip address in that range have been black listed.
Have you tried another phone? It could be related to the MAC address of your current device.

ArtyLoop

Expert Member

This is because of recent changes made on their network, especially in regards to their unrestricted APN

soulravanger

So for anyone else that reads this thread that has the same issue , correct me if I'm wrong, what i have gathered is that the IP address i receive on my cell phone from Telkom mobile might be shared with other Telkom Mobile users and is not specific to my phone, Because Telkom is now using CGN

soulravanger

Does anyone know if there is anyone at Telkom i can contact regarding CGN i have tried calling in spent 1hour talking to someone then have had the phone call put down on me 4 times because no one knows what i am talking about, also tried using the chat on their site and the chat was just closed .

We provide a mail hosting service for most of our clients and we use rackspace to do this.
Rackspace blocks access to any mailboxes accessed from "compromised"/"Blacklisted" IP addresses this is basically the entire 197.229.0.0 range so we have our users constantly locked out of there accounts.

Help would be greatly appreciated