Telkom Mobile Speed, Disconnections & Coverage Problems – click here first!

delta66

4G Telkom in East London /BBay area keeps disconnecting, router loses network and only way to get back up is a manual reboot, been like this for a few days....frustrating!

RuhanSA079

Hi.
I'm seeking some advice here.

I was on the CellC Fixed LTE deal, until they decided to kill off that LTE as we all know, and Webafrica gave me an Telkom SIM to continue.
Here is my problem: Both LTE providers have like really crap speeds. 1Mbps up and down. This really never got up to past 10Mbps upload or download. Unacceptable.
My area that I live in, is Wierdapark. I don't know if that is the problem with the trees or LOS to the tower.
The current router that I have, is the Huawei Router B315., with that funny looking bunny ears.

I should maybe try jerryrig some PSU for the LTE router, drive my car around the area to see what speeds I can get outside?
Also, can someone confirm with fixed LTE living in Wierdapark, or in the area have the same slow speeds as me?

OtakuD

Hey peeps, how does one report a fault for LTE? I see the website only accepts landline numbers. I tried phoning 180 but they reset my router which I spent hours setting up for the LAN and lost my sh!z, any alternative?

Kosmik

Honorary Master
anyone else struggling international, always disconnecting from EA servers

kwaggawerner

I have 4 Telkom LTE contracts, and several clients in JHB area with LTE, everyone, including myself are complaining... what's going on with Telkom?

Is Telkom LTE also affected by the DDOS attacks currently going on?

Hosehead

Executive Member
Jirre this Telkom-R in Bettysbaai has been Driving me insane. Since Day 1. Well OK I have the misfortune of livin in a dip of a mountain shadow in Jocks bay and can see all the other towers but not Telkom-R . I run multiple WiFi devices and iPhone personal hotspots but not one of the portable pocket WiFi routers from Huawei has an external antenna Plug port like Huawei Telkom branded ones of 2013 since redesigned without them. Irony is that Vodacom tower is reliable but now I have to buy Vodacom sims to connect to it but the Telkom-R signal remains sporadic elusive and is sometimes unreachable even off peak times .I need a solution before I go for hair graft transplants.

Last edited:

adielk

Expert Member
Jirre this Telkom-R in Bettysbaai has been Driving me insane. Since Day 1. Well OK I have the misfortune of livin in a dip of a mountain shadow in Jocks bay and can see all the other towers but not Telkom-R . I run multiple WiFi devices and iPhone personal hotspots but not one of the portable pocket WiFi routers from Huawei has an external antenna Plug port like Huawei Telkom branded ones of 2013 since redesigned without them. Irony is that Vodacom tower is reliable but now I have to buy Vodacom sims to connect to it but the Telkom-R signal remains sporadic elusive and is sometimes unreachable even off peak times .I need a solution before I go for hair graft transplants.
Ask Telkom to set up one closer? Just get a group of neighbours to sign your request. Never hurts to ask as they losing business if you cant connect.

Synaesthesia

Executive Member
Right now for me certain things work fine (loading webpages) but other things just don't - viewing videos on Twitter, or streaming from Apple Music.

edit: Now stuff is working again

Last edited:

Hosehead

Executive Member
Ask Telkom to set up one closer? Just get a group of neighbours to sign your request. Never hurts to ask as they losing business if you cant connect.
Neighbours are still on ADSL .or in the main two companies in Kleinmond provide wireless broadband but insist you use their routers and point to their masts. Dunno where Telkom plans to migrate poor ADSL Ooms to because there’s only 3g and fiber is at least a year away, most Likely longer.

Hemps

Honorary Master
I ordered Telkom LTE from Axxess, how would I find out if it would work where I'm going on Holiday in December, I want to take it with me.

OK dumb question:

Checked coverage map and it shows area in pink.

Last edited: