Telkom Mobile Speed, Disconnections & Coverage Problems – click here first!

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
Down speeds have almost been non existent. Nothing more than 2.5Mbps. However upload is fine.

Anyone else?

KingLv

@8:00am getting 37mbps down and 9mbps up
@9:00am getting 15mbps down and 7mbps up

kosmonooit

Down speeds have almost been non existent. Nothing more than 2.5Mbps. However upload is fine.

Anyone else?
The three Telkom LTE accounts I manage - all total rubbish now and unusable. Went and bought Cell C SIMS and loaded it with the 50GB packages.

ADSL was great, if only it could have been maintained. Was forced to use LTE. Fiber not an option.

Dag9

Bela Bela's Telkom LTE is still unusable. 50kb/s max download speed. Can't even open webpages without them timing out.

Speedpi21

Im in PE and I've been battling the past couple of days. A few friends, here in PE, were also complaining.
View attachment 820361
I am also in PE (Theescombe area), but my problems are different I have 3 Telkom related accounts and I get speeds of about 15-25Mb/s. With that in mind, I decided to purchase the Night Time 100Gb data, and when using that I only get 2Mb/s. Using the same router, keeping the connection active from Night Time data time to Normal time, the speed increases from 2 to 25-30Mb/s.
When I test with other devices that are about 50cm away from the one with Night Time data, their speeds during Night Time Data times are about 20Mb/s and the only real difference I can think of is that they do not have Night Time Data

dalkill

Why is telkom still implementating the 150gb policy during this lockdown.

With families at home 24 /7 you can expect usage to go thru the roof.

Where is your sense of solidarity.