Telkom Mobile takes on Vodacom Internet deal

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
If they did a SIM only deal for say R1000 once off that gave me 1gig per month I'd be very very interested since my tablet contract is coming to an end and I'm gonna be cancelling the SIM aspect of it.

Paul Hjul

Honorary Master
Who needs another modem?
users entering the market, people buying this as a backup to plug into a router
- essentially people who will only use 200Mb a month and for whom R399 is a tidy but manageable sum to spend on 12 months internet connectivity (either as their primary or as a backup arrangement);
essentially the target audience.

Its a fairly good product and I am glad to see competition driving in the starter market, what we still need to see is a product to provide meaningful but not heavy data volumes to low income households - a 1gig for R50 product

LeonG

People buying this for the modem must be careful. It seems that this modem could be single band only(2100Mhz). So if you later want to use it on Cell-C it won't work.
The Cell-C R600 once-off prepaid deal that includes 3GB data and a 900Mhz/2100Mhz modem might be a better deal.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Pity it's on network only otherwise this would come in handy.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
What the hell are you supposed to do with 200megs a month? That wouldn't even last a day.

BandwidthAddict

Expert Member
If they did a SIM only deal for say R1000 once off that gave me 1gig per month I'd be very very interested since my tablet contract is coming to an end and I'm gonna be cancelling the SIM aspect of it.

Check out their 25+25 deal. It's SIM only and 25 gigs for R999.

I've started investigating them to replace Cell-C.

ToxicBunny

^^^

Only problem with that package is its only valid for 6 months...

Jedijo

Would be awesome if somebody at a Red Bull shop knew about this.
I got blank stares and pedantic referrals to a non related brochure at Cape Gate on Saturday.
:confused:

MickeyD

RIP
Would be awesome if somebody at a Red Bull shop knew about this.
I got blank stares and pedantic referrals to a non related brochure at Cape Gate on Saturday.
:confused:

Red Bull???? That's the Cell C promo...

ToxicBunny

just buy the 2+1gb for R149 every 2nd month on the first day. effectively that gives you 1Gb pm for 12 months for under R900.

That I think I might just start doing...

Hadn't started researching my options just yet, but that sounds like a good plan.

MickeyD

RIP
That I think I might just start doing...

Hadn't started researching my options just yet, but that sounds like a good plan.
It's all in the planning... I need to top up on 1 August again. That data will be valid until 30 September...