Telkom Mo'Nice Winter Winz Data Bundles - cheap and nasty?

MikeSA

Telkom now offers dirt cheap data bundles called Mo'Nice Winter Winz data bundles. To purchase any of the prepaid data bundles, all one has to do is to simply dial *123# and any of the bundles being offered can be purchased with airtime.

A week ago, I purchased a 5GB bundle for just R35.but what a disappointment and a complete waste of money. Webpages do not load at all and email takes ages to download as does outgoing messages. For example, just two messages in my outbox took almost an hour to clear.

There is no way to lodge a complaint with Telkom as there are no longer humans in its Customer Care - just a virtual agent but one gets nowhere.

I am curious to know if anyone has or is also expereincing this same problem. And I can only hope that the top brass at Telkom are reading this post and do something about it. Otherwise, in all probabailty, it will definitely only loose customers.

No way is the problem with my computer as with a sim card of another network, everything works fine.

Amnesia

*180# -> Manage TelkomSA-R -> 1)Disable TelkomSA-R -> 1) Yes

This should help....if it doesn't then you don't have unfortunately Telkom coverage in your area and can only use the All Networks bundles.

Reactions: Yuu

Dups!

Expert Member
Last week I purchased the same 5gigs for R50 and have no issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yuu