Telkom - Moving from ADSL to LTE

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
I dnt think they will cut it. I turned their offer down, cause LTE is not great in my area. They didnt do anything. I had a couple problems with my ADSL/VDSL recently and they came and fixed it. I assume they forcing people into LTE.
They probably have a cut of level, that is minimum number of connections, when that level is reached they will cut the service. They can reach that level by loosing ADSL lines due to people moving to Fiber or LTE. It will happen, just a matter of time. Hopefully when they get to me they have improved their LTE offering or fiber get laid here. Expectation for fiber getting here soon, however is not high.

zophas

Woke up one morning and the copper lines were dead. Reported a fault to Telkom and waited a week with no response. Was forced to go to the Telkom shop and migrate to LTE, no fibre in my area even tho' I am only two blocks away from the exchange. I HATE the LTE.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Woke up one morning and the copper lines were dead. Reported a fault to Telkom and waited a week with no response. Was forced to go to the Telkom shop and migrate to LTE, no fibre in my area even tho' I am only two blocks away from the exchange. I HATE the LTE.
LTE at my location is generally not bad, just playing games, I get random weird lag spikes every now and again.

300 meter from Fibre enabled MSAN, 10 years later, still no fiber ...

kosmonooit

Likewise forced to move to Telkom LTE after landlines got stolen, went via Web Africa to avoid dealing with Telkom.

I can deal with the occasional blips but every evening around 20h00 it becomes unusable. Complaints to WA fall on doff & deaf ears.

What ISP does not suck?

Snyper564

Executive Member
Likewise forced to move to Telkom LTE after landlines got stolen, went via Web Africa to avoid dealing with Telkom.

I can deal with the occasional blips but every evening around 20h00 it becomes unusable. Complaints to WA fall on doff & deaf ears.

What ISP does not suck?
Been on telkom LTE for 3 years and had a collective downtime of probably less than a day

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member

What ISP does not suck?
They all suck, what you need to do is find the one that gives the best speed, and then test what happens when load shedding hits.
Basically testing to see which towers still have backup batteries that have yet to be stolen in your area. Hopefully one or the other have a stable tower that you connect to.