Telkom/MTN roaming (ZONE) spam sms'es!

latro

For the last couple of weeks I've been getting an inordinate amount of spam sms'es from MTN about their Zone discounts while traveling and entering areas without Telkom Mobile reception. This is incredibly frustrating as I've blocked the number on my phone (the number is literally - 50), but still the sms'es get through. And these ''informative'' sms'es doesn't help me in the least as I'm not on MTN's network to utilize the discounted call rates.

As usual, Telkom gives me either generic replies or don't get back to me at all.

Anyone else experiencing the same issues?

cavedog

Honorary Master
You need to switch the cell broadcast messages off.

Depending on what device you have but on android it should be messanges app. Settings. More settings and then slide the push messages option to off.

It's the network broadcast message on channel 50 that spamming you with mtn zone message.

latro

You need to switch the cell broadcast messages off.

Depending on what device you have but on android it should be messanges app. Settings. More settings and then slide the push messages option to off.

It's the network broadcast message on channel 50 that spamming you with mtn zone message.
Thanks mate. Recently got a new HTC which clearly has it on by default. Didn't know CB was still a thing.