Telkom New Service Free Dynamic DNS

Xzib1t

Expert Member
Necro alert

So I tried to see if this is finally working for me and lo and behold its working...well, sort of :D

Using my username.mydns.telkomsa.net lands me up on somebody else's modem :whistling:

So if your SSID is 'CHARL' and you have two machines named Charl-PC and Jeanne-PC on your network, please change your Support password! I would also consider using other names for my PC's...

IF they were the CoJ you'd be in so much trouble for this malicious hacking attempt :whistling:

Anyway DDNS has been working perfectly for me for these few months, expect cases like today, where the router "forgets" the portforwarding rules...

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
IF they were the CoJ you'd be in so much trouble for this malicious hacking attempt :whistling:

Anyway DDNS has been working perfectly for me for these few months, expect cases like today, where the router "forgets" the portforwarding rules...
Well, I actually need my IP since I loaded DD-WRT on an old router I had lying around and I wanted to test the VPN server. I figured I'd just log in using this service to get my IP...

])ragon_\/oid

Expert Member
The Telkom DDNS service hasn't worked for me for a while now. It just doesn't update the IP address associated with the DDNS record. Decided to switch back to the old trusty no-ip.org.

fragtion

Expert Member
Hi. I activated mine through the service management control panel, but I see it disappears after you activate it. I didn't take note of the hostname it said it was going to use. How can I see what the hostname is that is linked to my account? Also, what if I am using more than 1 session at a time on the account - will the dynDNS always reflect the latest session's IP address?

cenredash

Expert Member
a bit of a necro again, sorry ..
But how do i set up telkom ddns on my router which is a telkom router, but doesn't give the telkom DDNS as an option ...

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
Its such a simple thing, Im not sure why more ISP's dont do it.
All that happens is they create an A record at the time that radius authenticates you and then replace it on the next authentication.
Afaik the Telkom DDNS works on teh system I mentioned above which doesnt require you to do anything.

Malasius

anyone else having issues with this service? mine is not updating and also can't login to the TI SMT panel?

Xzib1t

Expert Member
Working fine as usual on my side.

Off topic has anyone seen this?

You can only activate/enable a service which you are entitled to. Please be aware that your Dynamic DNS service first needs to be disabled before you can activate your Static IPs. For information dial 10210.

TI now offering static ips?

pretorjp

Hi all, how do I open port 554 and 8080 does not open if I insert on D-link router under virtual server / PPPoE_WAN_ETH does not open the port