Telkom now offers unlimited voice calls for businesses at R199 per month

Hanno Labuschagne

Journalist
Staff member

Telkom now offers unlimited voice calls for businesses at R199 per month

Telkom Business announced that it has launched an unlimited voice plan offering for small businesses, which it said will allow them to save up to 30% on unlimited voice calls.

The company noted the difficult operating environment engendered by the COVID-19 pandemic and said this new plan should help to alleviate communication costs.

“Small businesses are a significant contributor to the country’s economy, accounting for 22% of the formal business sector turnover,” Telkom Business said.

hj007

Expert Member
ahh thought it was a mobile deal, see it's for physical voice lines.

RandomGeek

Expert Member
Good price, just remember this deal is forever, because it is damn near impossible to get out of a Telkom contract - they will bill you forever ;)

EDIT: Would like to see the FUP attached to this product too

Last edited:

Shadowchaser1

Good price, just remember this deal is forever, because it is damn near impossible to get of of a Telkom contract - they will bill you forever ;)

Agree. Be sure there will be a FUP. Wonder how they sudden can do it, with line rental included? 20+ years ago their line rental was like R 150 or R 160 excluding calls! Now suddenly R 199 with line rental included???

RandomGeek

Expert Member
Agree. Be sure there will be a FUP. Wonder how they sudden can do it, with line rental included? 20+ years ago their line rental was like R 150 or R 160 excluding calls! Now suddenly R 199 with line rental included???
The Interconnect rate has come down dramatically compared to some years ago, they will be paying MTN and Vodacom (the majority of calls will be to Mobile networks) something like ?10c? per minute for calls to their networks. Also I cannot think any international calls will be included under the "Unlimited" banner

Benedict A55h0le

Expert Member
Good price, just remember this deal is forever, because it is damn near impossible to get out of a Telkom contract - they will bill you forever ;)

I have seen mtn trying to bill me forever after I cancelled and from then I decided no more contracts with phone companies (also had some VAS auto added to my bill). I did however sign a 2 year contract with Mweb for fibre and I am glad I did because the cheapest option is significantly more expensive now.

Blake PAige

So out of touch, launch that for LTE with just R500 and they will be stopping customer from coming to their network.

|tera|

Master of Messengers
Anyone know where one can find this deal and it’s specifics
No clue.
Just checked their site and Google and can't find it.
They'll probably load it soon, which sucks. What a waste of a press release.

William1102

No clue.
Just checked their site and Google and can't find it.
They'll probably load it soon, which sucks. What a waste of a press release.

True it’s sad but expected from Telkom, wanted to load this on a flla (fixed line look alike) sim and use it as a business number on the go hopefully that’s possible

Lifeofagambler

Just signed up for this deal and im satisfied so far. The supplied Yealink T21 does an excellent job when paired with a fibre connection, voice clarity is somewhat superior to copper based lines although the difference is very slight.

Leisure Larry

Applied online @ launch. Received email to say they waiting approval and will contact me. And I'm still waiting....... Not in anticipation though. This is Telkom we talking about