Telkom Openserve 25/25 speed problems

KKeyser

Good day

I really hope that someone can help me out with advice.

Fibre was installed in my area after years of wait. I was phoned by Telkom in September last year and told that I can upgrade to fibre from my ADSL line.

I opted to go with the 25/25 line of R449 with Telkom seen as I was on an ADSL contract.

So this year May my fibre was installed and after the installation I performed a speed test in the presence of the technician and I found 25/5 speed.

The technician informed me that he suspect that I was given 25/5 line and I must contact customer support to sort it out.

So hundreds of calls, fault reports I am still not sorted out. This afternoon a technician visited my home and according to him he has never seen a line run 25/25 and that it doesn't exists.

I called again to report a fault and aparently they have reset my ports but still no improvement.

As I stated in the beginning, any help or advice would be appreciated!

Mzezman

Expert Member
The package and deal definitely exist... keep shouting at them. If that doesn't help then cancel and go to another ISP

El Presidente

Expert Member
Good day

I really hope that someone can help me out with advice.

Fibre was installed in my area after years of wait. I was phoned by Telkom in September last year and told that I can upgrade to fibre from my ADSL line.

I opted to go with the 25/25 line of R449 with Telkom seen as I was on an ADSL contract.

So this year May my fibre was installed and after the installation I performed a speed test in the presence of the technician and I found 25/5 speed.

The technician informed me that he suspect that I was given 25/5 line and I must contact customer support to sort it out.

So hundreds of calls, fault reports I am still not sorted out. This afternoon a technician visited my home and according to him he has never seen a line run 25/25 and that it doesn't exists.

I called again to report a fault and aparently they have reset my ports but still no improvement.

As I stated in the beginning, any help or advice would be appreciated!
I would just go with another ISP. You will save yourself years of headaches. This is a package misconfiguration, and they don't need to send out a tech.

Afrihost/Cool Ideas/Websquad all should be able to solve this fairly quick. They all have a presence here. Maybe even the new guys @ZTEL KZN (not sure if they just serve KZN?)

(You will lose out on the promo Telkom has, but you will have a much better Internet expierence in the long run)

ZTEL KZN

Company Rep - ZTEL
Company Rep
Yes, we are able to provide fibre in areas that are covered by Openserve, Frogfoot, and other major fibre providers throughout South Africa. Areas that are covered by ZTEL-owned airfibre: Durban, George, Cape Town, East London, Port Elizabeth and expanding. Which area are you in @KKeyser?

Last edited: