Telkom pumping R12 billion into high speed broadband network

genetic

Honorary Master
Good to hear!

but we need to queue the typical whiners and moaners...

MKFrost

Expert Member
Just one question.... when will we see the benefit of this?

I'm all for this but from past experience I guess we will only see the benefit of this in a decades time.

lucifir

Expert Member
could it be that telkom finally has some decent management and direction??

from the recent speed upgrades and price cuts, its does seem like the behemoth is slowly coming around to the 21st century

genetic

Honorary Master
I'm all for this but from past experience I guess we will only see the benefit of this in a decades time.
Have you seen Telkom's progress in the last 2 years?

We are definitely seeing massive improvements in Telkom.

Ryansr

Expert Member
I am glad to hear Telkom is preparing for the next phase in their broadband connectivity strategy. This can only mean good things for their subscribers like myself. :p

Paul Hjul

Honorary Master
big figure infrastructure announcements like this tend to worry me. This represents the same amount as they recently impaired and will require considerable capital to flow into the company. Hopefully its just the figure of all the planned infrastructure spend over the next 5 or so years because otherwise it sounds just far to much like a R20bn roads project ...

McT

The Humble Scot!
Have you seen Telkom's progress in the last 2 years?

We are definitely seeing massive improvements in Telkom.
I wholeheartedly agree with you. Their progress has been really noteworthy.

However, when will they choose to spend money on getting the existing network up to scratch?

dualmeister

Honorary Master
My experience of the last two years. The fast get faster. The slow get a bit faster or ignored.

K

kingrob

I've had fantastic service for the last two years, so here's to the next two years!! :D

Cheers!

zizo911

Executive Member
I've been to enjoy them completely. A7 has improved dramatically over the years. And the sea much for in the staff what is this all

surfs-up

Expert Member
Well done Telkom - they are more than twice as fast as the second fastest mobile network in my suburb. They are also currently the cheapest mobile network. Long live their bold pricing and speeds - they have been forcing Vodacon and Emptyn to very grudgingly lower their prices.

2.5 years with them now, and I am still very happy...

Lupus

Honorary Master
does this mean they will actually expand into areas they've just forgotten or neglected?

Lupus

Honorary Master
Oh well, so I can dream a little dream about getting ADSL sigh :-(