Telkom punts its network ahead of election time

grok

Honorary Master
Good, they can haul out their 'world-class network' again that they rolled up and packed away after the world cup last year.

Last edited:

Reelix

You missed the fine-print ;P

"Due to unfortunate circumstances with problems at the local exchanges, elections have been delayed by 3 months. You will also have to vote twice, just in case the first vote didn't go through, and - Due to the ultra-secure security in place - Will be unable to vote for the same candidate twice! Vote-counting will take approximately 6 months due to some mysterious delayed votes in testing. The Telkom authorities are currently looking into this..." :p:p:p

"And yes, the voting software modifications have been completed to comply with Telkom being funded, and the pre-defined winner is the A.."

"Yes?"

"What do you mean I wasn't meant to read that part?"

"Oh ok... Yea - I guess they'll be surprised as usual! Hah!"

"Wait... Is this thing still on?!?!?"

*Static*

Last edited:

inferno

9gigs shared between 20,000 polling stations.

They will have to hire a "Top-up" technician.

Tjoker

Expert Member
Telkom = state owned.........and which party is in government?!?!?! FAIL

TJ99

Honorary Master
If Telkom is at the core of the elections, I'm not too optimistic. If it's anything like my experience with Telkom so far:

You'll have to pay for your vote. For R10, you get one vote, For R15, you get 3, and for R25, You'll get 30. Plus there's a mandatory Pen Rental of R10, that you have to pay even if you don't want it. If you ask about the silly pricing, you will be told "that's what the customers want"

After 6 weeks, when the results are still not anounced, you will get a reference number, and someone will ask you in which province Pretoria, the ****ing capital of the country, not to mention Telkom's headquarters, is.

When the votes are finally counted, it will be a complete stuff-up half the time and they will blame everyone else, the company who made the paper, the printers of the ballots, the official who stamped it, etc.

They will then say it's a 'best-effort election", with "up to 90% fairness", so we have to be happy with any scraps we get, and announce proudly to the world that we had a world-class election.

Not looking forward to that one...

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
Telkom and the Independent Electoral Commission (IEC)
I have my doubts about whether or not the IEC is independent. Telkom...no doubts there...100% sure they aren't.

MickeyD

RIP
Does anyone here know if the provision of telecom services for the Election was put out on tender?

eitai2001

Expert Member
Well on the plus side, I know that there are big 4 audit firms involved including the one I work for.

Jagtiger

Expert Member
"Thanks to new SA digital ballot system, ten thousands of Chinese and Russian hackers were able to participate in voting process." :whistling: